Is it safe to post item

mctottle
New Community Member

Hi Al,

I have received a large payment for an item sold on ebay (ipad+acc $2k) - the payment is on hold from paypal so its not in my available funds - it states that once delivered the payment will be released which ive never had before. Can anyone confirm that it is safe for me to post the item and I will not lose the funds

To add to the nervousness this is the message from the buyer with 10 feedback

I'm transfering money from a serperate account to my PayPal. I assume PayPal will just take the money, and I will top up the negative balance when the money transfers on Monday. But in case it bounces, please know that it's only because I'm waiting on the transfer. This sounds super dodgy, I realise, but yeah. I have my Christmas funds locked away, so it takes 2-3 days to get to them haha! Hopefully nothing goes wrong, but if it does just shoot me a message 🙂

Advice welcomed

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mctottle 

Is the payment for goods SHOWING in your paypal account balance but pending, if so read link.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

If its NOT showing then it may be a scam.

As for selling high cost items you need to read up on paypals seller protection so you can risk assess your transactions.

As for your transfer you would need to speak to customer services as negative balances are not really allowed.
Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.