Is it possible to redeem a Visa prepaid giftcard to a PayPal balance?

alixalhmeidat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal cumminty,

I always wanted to buy my favorite games online, or at least something in my games. The onyl problem that stopped me from doing so is a bank account. I am 18 years old of age but yet still to have a bank account. So my question is, is it possible to redeem a Visa prepaid giftcard to a PayPal balance (without the use of a bank account)? 

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alixalhmeidat 

No, it is against the card agreement to extract cash off the card to your PayPal account, also against PayPal terms of use. 

Register the card at card website. Then link and confirm the card at the Wallet page. Select the card as the funding source at checkout. Use it for non-subscription, one-time purchases only. Make sure the card has enough to cover each purchase.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alixalhmeidat 

No, it is against the card agreement to extract cash off the card to your PayPal account, also against PayPal terms of use. 

Register the card at card website. Then link and confirm the card at the Wallet page. Select the card as the funding source at checkout. Use it for non-subscription, one-time purchases only. Make sure the card has enough to cover each purchase.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.