Is a top up an instant transfer?

Iwhitman2055
Contributor
Contributor

There will soon be a 1% fee for instant transfers, but what is an instant transfer? Does my android pay automatic top up count as an instant transfer? What about monthly payments to Netflix and such which are billed to my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Iwhitman2055!

In this case it sounds like the term "top up" is sending money from PayPal to Android Pay which is considered a normal payment on our end, so there is no fee involved. It also could mean that you have your PayPal account set up to add money from your bank account automatically which is also free. 

@nevadasmith is absolutely correct that the 1% fee is in regards to withdrawing a PayPal balance to a debit card only. 

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

back in old days when we want to transfer fund from paypal account to bank,ACH is the only way and slow,then Paypal offers debit card,linked your debit card and transfer fund to it in 30 minutes ,pay 25 cents.

now coming soon,it will be 1% or $10 max for such transfer.

your payment to seller or Nlfix IS NOT instant transfer

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Iwhitman2055!

In this case it sounds like the term "top up" is sending money from PayPal to Android Pay which is considered a normal payment on our end, so there is no fee involved. It also could mean that you have your PayPal account set up to add money from your bank account automatically which is also free. 

@nevadasmith is absolutely correct that the 1% fee is in regards to withdrawing a PayPal balance to a debit card only. 

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.