International problems

ksaxon
New Community Member

New to Paypal tried to send daughter money, on friends and family, to Japan from USA.  After a nightmare of how when who why she was told that her bank does not accept paypal for "Foreigners".  I spoke to PayPal USA who said oh no you need to call the PayPal Japan I call PayPal Japan oh no you have to call PayPal USA and back and forth with all PayPal call center people not knowing or being able to help.  My daughter tried to send the money back to me but accidentally used Business services instead of friends and family. So the money is in theory inaccessible  and not fixable by the PayPal rep.  Who basically told me my daughter needed to fix it herself. OK where's the customer service?  PayPal needs to be aware that the only reason I used them is because I saw a Tokyo travel site saying this was the best way to handle money when traveling to Japan. I will have to make sure that site knows PayPal is NOT the service you want to trust in this.

Never using this again

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @ksaxon,

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience you had when trying to send your daughter money. This definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. It sounds like we'd want to take a closer look into this, so to avoid sharing personal information over a public forum I would recommend reaching out to us through either Facebook or Twitter, or you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact."

Thanks,
Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.