Instrument currently marked as bad

Justusevery
New Community Member

So I’m trying to put money from my paypal to my bank account and it worked once but now it’s suddenly telling me that instrument is currently marked as bad then i went to a pc and tried and it said cannot process request try again later , i called my card and they said they didn’t know sooo like what do i do ? I’m trying to put it in my checking sm

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justusevery

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

madimonster01
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly the problem I am having right now. Did this ever get fixed? How- do I need to call? My account and routing number are both correct so it isn’t that... I have a lot of money I want to transfer without the instant fee.
Login to Me Too

Tina107
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, did you solve your problem? Because for now I have the same problem and paypal cant help me.

Login to Me Too

Gabrielle10
Contributor
Contributor
Did this ever get figured out because that’s what I’m going through!
Login to Me Too

madimonster01
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Gabrielle. I opened up a chatroom on Paypal and explained my issue to the service person. They fixed it for me on their side while they continued talking to me, providing them with the info they needed. If I remember correctly, the guy said that sometimes their side can have glitches- which is what causes this issue. Hope this helps- my issue was fixed within 10 minutes.
Login to Me Too

jacobmathew77

Most of their support team has NO clue. They just close the case saying they have no visibility into why its marked as a BAD instrument. I verified with my bank IN PERSON...and there is nothing wrong with the Bank Account. This has been working for 17 years! Its ridiculous....Paypal needs to resolve this issue causing an inconvenience to so many customers. I am seriously considering closing all accounts with them if this is not resolved within the next few days. 

Login to Me Too

Kila7315
Yeah PayPal has actually been giving a lot of problems lately for me and people I know. Think I'm gonna stop using this service cause it's starting to look untrustworthy.
Login to Me Too

jfulton99
New Community Member

I emailed PayPal support and was auto-replied the same boilerplate "How to link a bank account" text 4(!) times; regardless of the response that I typed. Chat is unavailable and looks like I'll be on hold for the next 27 minutes. PayPal support is terrible!

Login to Me Too

madimonster01
Contributor
Contributor
Go to “contact us” then “account profile and setup” then “bank account” then “link and confirm.” Scroll all the way down until you see “If you still need help, we recommend you chat with us.” Click “chat with us.” Wait time right now is 5 minutes.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.