'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Jwooten7
Exact same thing has happened to me. After this is resolved, I will never use PayPal again for any reason.
Login to Me Too

MarlyBiz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. It's not PayPal. It's the bank not living up to their end of the agreement. I went in to close my account and the manager escalated it. She said there is no cutoff time for an ACH and it's the banks fault. You're money should've been available immediately. She wrote a formal complaint on my behalf, even stating people on social media are unhappy. She also made a phone call and the person on the other end said she's been getting the same complaints often. Hopefully the formal complaint will help future costumers and the bank will honor the transaction correctly. PayPal did what they were supposed to do and the bank was the one to put the funds on hold. It seems they do it when you need the money the most. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Arock
New Community Member

Same here. Money was said to transfer in a max of 30 minutes - nowhere to be found now, almost 3 hours later. This is money I need - cannot be waiting 24 hours. Any ideas? 

Login to Me Too

dayobg

Same here. I used instant withdraw and its been 24 hours from now i still didnt receive anything and the most strange thing is that the status is marked as 'Completed' on paypal but its not.

Login to Me Too

MadMok128
Contributor
Contributor
It’s absolutely PayPal and not the “other” bank
Login to Me Too

Bitterpartyof1
Contributor
Contributor

It’s definitely Paypal. If you look under activity tab, it shows pending transfers. I NEEDED mine to go through immediately so I paid them their fee as well and BAM flagged for review..24 hours..blah blah blah. So I called. The philippino guy who answered the phone gave me some generic explanation saying it was due to irregular activity. I asked what specifically was irregular about transferring $100.00, and he said bc I transferred $38 the day before and $65 the transaction before that and then $200 preceded by $75. What the **bleep** is irregular about transferring different amounts?? My bf is in the military out of state and sends me money through PayPal and my mom also helps me out occasionally with small amounts. All of our accounts are verified and over used the same card for transfers from the same people countless times. Why now is this being held?? My house was broken into and I was assaulted so I packed up my things and came to a hotel until I feel safe enough to go back or find another apartment and the Paypal rep refused to reverse the transfer so I could refund and have sent through square Cash. I need this money to pay for another night here. He had the nerve to suggest I ask the owner of the hotel to take the remaining $20 I had in my PayPal as a deposit..she’s an older Indian woman who doesn’t have a Paypal account nor will she accept $20 as a deposit. She needs to get paid for her room and I need my money to be available to me however I see fit to spend it. No supervisor available and he couldn’t help me. Amazing how humans don’t have the capability to override computers these days. Not amazing, scary AF!! Thanks for whoever read my angry venting session. So frustrating. Paypal sucks. /rant

Login to Me Too

JT007
Contributor
Contributor
When I first used this service, the money appeared in my bank account almost instantly. Now, it takes days. The "30 minutes, or less" statement is completely false and misleading. I need this money for a birthday present and now I can't access it, putting me in a bad situation. I would highly recommend not using this service, especially if you need access to your funds quickly.
Login to Me Too

Matsuro
Contributor
Contributor
It's not Paypal it's your bank putting money on hold for days. When I would transfer money they did the same thing to me. PayPal has always stepped up to the plate when I've had issues with something. I now call the bank ahead of time and have them note about a transfer or, when funds are coming to my checking account. That way nothing is delayed if I really need them to delay applying an overdraft fee.
Login to Me Too

Wiseguyy007
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here I'm transferring cash call PayPal account to my bank account this is the plate transfer in the last 7 days but it's been delayed and they're just charging me fees it's just a PayPal scam and I'm sick of it!!
Login to Me Too

Wiseguyy007
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sure you are 100% wrong this is a fact it is only 30 minutes after PayPal send money transfer in process via email the money 30 minutes later shows up in my Wells Fargo account and I can withdraw it. It has nothing to do with the customers banking institution PayPal is strictly holding funds to collect interest as long as they can
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.