'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Temp20230525V
New Community Member
Hi this just happened to me. Funds do not show in PayPal or bank.
Login to Me Too

Clayspeed
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Tried to instantly transfer funds and hours later the money is gone from PayPal and not in my debit card or bank. Do not use this feature. Borderline fraud. Not a happy customer.
Login to Me Too

MarlyBiz
Contributor
Contributor
It's happened to me twice. The second time I called the bank's customer service. They could see the transaction. I then told them my ACH should never be on hold. I asked them to make the funds available and they gave me a temporary credit for the amount. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

2doggs
  • Happened to me as well.  Paid the $.25 and waited 72 hours. Complete **bleep**. Don't give them your .25 for this.
Login to Me Too

Victwan19
Contributor
Contributor
I wonder I'd there is certain amount that they do. I did 2300 and it's still it in my bank account going on 3 days
Login to Me Too

izzyhop94
Contributor
Contributor
Did it get fixed though and how long?
Login to Me Too

Jewels50
All depends on what you’re transferring are use instant deposits all the time from PayPal and I get my money immediately but it all depends because if you send $500 to your bank and use instant deposit it’s going to go into pending because of how much you’re sending if you send My $30 to your bank with instant it’s going to go there right away but if somebody tries to send a lot of money through instant sometimes it will go to pending because of how much you’re sending to your bank
Login to Me Too

MarlyBiz
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem today. I paid a $0.25 fee to have money available almost instantly on my SunTrust debit card to prevent an overdraft. I checked my SunTrust account balance and the money was there and my balance was updated. I went to sleep knowing I avoided an overdraft fee. I woke up this morning and behold, the money magically disappeared. I called the bank and they said they see it and the money wouldn't be available until later today. They also had no straight answers or explanation why my money disappeared after being there. They told me to call PayPal and it's on them. She tried to convince me these things take as much as a day to process the authorization. I told her I've done this many times and my money is always readily available. I told her I paid a fee to have it available instantly. I went into the branch this morning to get a straight answer or close my account. The gentleman had no real answer for me. He asked about a direct deposit I had come in this morning and he said if it wasn't for that my account would be in overdraft. My assumption is these banks are trying to gain fees. This has never happened before. As soon as the money is available I'm closing my account and moving to Chase. Their's my experience.
Login to Me Too

DarkAlleyE

That’s what has happened to me, the transfer showed up on the online banking app for SunTrust and then the next morning it was gone, and of course it’s s weekend. It is rent money. Grrrr. 

Login to Me Too

Atlg8r
This happened to me today! We sold something pricey on eBay. The money was available in PayPal last night so I used the instant transfer to card option with suntrust. The money showed in my checking account so I made two transfers - one to an ally savings and one to my joint account wiTh my husband. Now this morning the PayPal money is gone and I’m overdrawn by thousands die to the transfers I made to savings!!!! Infuriating. I’ve also used this numerous times for decent amounts of money. Can’t even reach suntrust until 8 am eastern either.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.