'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bosourd
Contributor
Contributor

To be fair, I don't usually have any problem with instant transfers before, it was only a matter of seconds until I received my money in my bank account. But this last transfer really **bleep** me off. On the first try, it got declined because of missing bank account information when I tried to transfer to my 'Checking' account (which is ridiculous by the way, since I did a transfer to the same account but to the 'Debit' account instead of the 'Checking' account.) after I had to wait for a week with no clarity.

And then they returned my money after it got declined and removed my 'Checking' account without my conscience but not the 'Debit' account (which makes no sense). So then I tried to transfer my money to the 'Debit' account since it worked the last time, but guess what, the transfer is complete but the money hasn't arrived yet.

So I thought, "maybe there is missing information therefore I can't use my card with Paypal." so I tried to "Confirm" my debit card, they instantly charged me $1,95, it says after i confirmed my card the money fee will be back to my bank account, which is not happening right now. Ridiculous how fast they take your money but took ages to transfer your money.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

msmarilynn
Contributor
Contributor
This just happen to me as well, and I have bills to pay. I usually pay my mom’s bills for her, until she gets her SS check later in the month. My mom then just sends the money through Paypal. I use to just send the funds to my bank the old way, but I tested out the new instant feature a few days ago and it worked fine. The transaction yesterday I did was a lot bigger, and is not showing up in my bank account and this would be a darn Sunday, when everything’s closed and Monday is a federal holiday. Paypal needs to get this together and soon.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the delay could be the debIt card you are using,who issued the card and is it MC or V

Login to Me Too

Little-money
Contributor
Contributor
It’s not the card. It’s paypal. So many people ripping them off they have to constantly verify your identity for security. Which is great but do it on your time with your money and release everyone’s funds.
Login to Me Too

Pallid_Turtle
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me too. Also, when I reported the problem to customer service I received a response saying my "dispute had been denied." I didn't dispute anything! I just asked a question. I am very concerned about my money, which I suspect I will never see and which PayPal will probably say is "denied." Really fun for a disabled person on a fixed income.
Login to Me Too

Kiara2010
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever receive your payment
Login to Me Too

anderl

This just happened to me.  I did the instant transfer last week to a bank card I had with PayPal for the last 4 or 5 years.  The transaction was fast.

So, I did another one on Sunday and I see that PayPal flagged it as Pending Security review and it would take up 24 hours for the review to complete.  Well, it’s been 21 hours and no changes. They are still holding my money.  What I don’t understand is how did they let the first transactions go through fine but when I tried to do a second one a few days later they stop the transactions and won't release it to me.

I called customer service but the rep gave me a bunch of hypotheticals and what could be happening but she was as clueless as I was about what is going on.  She even said that PayPal doesn’t run the review system on weekends and that was "probably" the reason it was being held.

What a joke.

Login to Me Too

Salbreth1
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been with PayPal for about 10 years. I transferred $500 to my bank card 35 days ago. It’s still pending. Every call I made resulted in a different answer. Today I was finally able to talk to a supervisor without mysteriously getting disconnected. She obviously had no info and told me their “trying” to get it fixed and their is nothing she could do. Disgraceful for a 100 billion dollar company. This needs to go public somehow.
Login to Me Too

temp20220516e
PayPal is a joke. Do not use this app they hold money no matter what and lie to you to keep your money as long as possible they are not worth anything except the amount of money they hold on to. This company needs an audit and to be shut down immediately. This would be illegal for anyone. Look up the definition of FRAUD and this is fraud to the fullest. 4 hours on the phone to "Verify my identity" and tell me the funds are cleared and still stay pending for 21 days complete garbage.
Login to Me Too

phazor
New Community Member

Well, I haven't yet shared the 24-hours-later-blues, but now I'm dreading if that will also be my fate. I just needed to transfer money to my bank, and had I not seen this new and "faster" option advertized as you go to make the transfer on the phone app as well as the browser version, I wouldn't have even thought about it and done the ACH transfer like I always do, and it usually shows up the next day at the latest, and often the very same day to my amazement. But I thought I'd give this new feature a go, and $0.25 seemed like a small price to pay for a 30 minute transfer time, but I got the same "pending" while they review for security line as I've found many people did here. The only thing I coud think of as grounds for being flagged was the fact that at first, no linked card option showed up, so I checked through my linked cards and discovered that a few of them were very old, including an old debit card that was for the bank account linked as my primary source. I tried to delete that card but it didn't let me (another common issue I've discovered here), so I just added my current debit card (also to the same bank account) and the card showed up right away in the transfer pull-down option. I selected it and clicked the button to transfer, and was greeted immediately by that annoying "pending while we review and it may take 24 hours and we'll let you know when it's resolved and there's nothing you can do about it" message. The most frustrating thing about it is the fact that I can't go back and just switch it to a regular bank transfer, which, judging by some of the posts here, would have been so much faster than just waiting around for who knows how long. All that for actually volunteering to pay the extra $0.25. I was hoping to find some solution here but as it seems to be nonexistent, I'm choosing the next best option, which is to just vent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.