'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

CB36
Contributor
Contributor

I do lots of instant transfers and never had a problem until this week. When I called PayPal and complained about the "Instant Transfer" on Friday that has not arrived as of Monday, the PayPal rep informed me that "Instant Transfer" just means PayPal will PROCESS your transfer immediately, but they don't guarantee your bank will RECEIVE it immediately (or apparently, at all). Oh, my bad, when I see something advertised as "Instant Transfer" and I pay an extra fee for it because I'm just dumb enough to assume it means exactly what it says. And guess what? If it doesn't show up, PayPal won't even open an investigation into it for 10 days. They have it all figured out, don't they? Why don't they call it INSTANT PROCESS (since that's really what it is) instead of "Instant Transfer"? Because they know exactly what they are doing to get that little bit of fee out of you, and Instant Transfer sounds exactly like something you want and need even though that isn't what's happening. 

Login to Me Too

Jussyice252
New Community Member
Mine is doing this what ended up happening?
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525W
Contributor
Contributor
Contacted paypal,they claim payment sent successfully already and claims should of been in my account as of 4/17/19 by 5PM. Contacted my bank this morning to discover low and behold NOTHING. $0.00 Of usefulness. Bank blames paypal on this and says they shouldnt claim to offer such transfers as most take up to 48hrs regardless.so paypal gets to earn the .25c fees on all us sad sax and we all have to WAIT and WAIT. And WAIT. For whats originally rightfully OURS anyways?! Same BS for me. Well over 24hrs now. Done as instant transfer before 7pm EST on weekday to eligible linked debit bank card. W.T.F!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Kaeden03
This just happened to me, on 4/20/19 for $50.00 and no one still to this day know where my money is, it’s just gone. I was on vacation at the time and spent more than 5 hours trying to get it resolved and was promised a call back with resolve within 4 hours. I’m tired of the run around PayPal prepaid blames PayPal and vice versa. I actually had a supervisor from PayPal call three way to confirm to prepaid it says completed on their end and still no resolve. It is now 4/22/19 and I still don’t have that instant transfer of $50.00 in fact I have have made several transactions since then and I do not have that missing $50.00 this seems to be a bigger problem than they let on to be. Shameful customer service is what it is, how would they feel if their money just freaking disappeared especially on VACATION! Once this is resolved I won’t be using them anymore I’ll find another way for my customers to pay me. Worker customer service in my life with this matter. Nobody cares, bc it’s not their money.
Login to Me Too

rollster
Contributor
Contributor

Just like everyone else, same issue. 5 days ago I instantly transferred $52 into my account and it hasn't showed up, and just now I tried to send $40 to my account and still nothing. Tried emailing customer service, but I'll probably just have to call my bank and PayPal as well in the end to clear it up. Never had this issue with PP before, considering moving to a different cash site. I'll update if I ever get my $100.

Login to Me Too

arcfault
New Community Member

well I believe I can top that. I tried the same thing, only a " security " alert locked me out of even being able to link my bank account with the Pay Pal, its almost as if they want all available balance funds to be resourced out using pay pal credentials, and not just using them as a go-between. So I'm not able to link up bank account, I call customer service, if you want to call it that, and of course they have no control over issues involving "security" ( remember this), so after getting them to understand my issue and them telling me that they can't do anything about it, I ended wasting 2 1/2 hours of my miserable life. So **bleep** it, I have a pay pal cash card, I'll just do as many transactions as i am allowed each day until I completely empty out the pay pal account... In a perfect world, that would be feasible, but not in the twilight zone! so I attempt to withdraw my funds $200 at a time. the ATM rejects the card. this whole ordeal started Monday, and now its Tuesday night and still no access to my funds. "But wait, there's more", so a couple of days before all this, one of the shadiest acts I've seen a "service" provider do, the only reason I even associate with pay pal, is that I'm selling on ebay. so by selling, you could imagine that there will be constant traffic and the moving of funds so on so forth, so i had 2 customers order almost the exact same item, so exact that i crossed them, so one customer opened a case. once pay pal catches wind, without even a peep, they withdraw whatever funds i had available on pay pal balance and went a step further and left me with a $147 negative balance. how did I find out you ask? well, it definitely wasn't a call, or email, or text, or pay pal message board notification that they always bombard me with! Nope, I found out while it was my turn to check out from standing in a line at a grocery store, and just like that, DECLINED!!!! Now, will The Real Slim Shady please stand up, because he ain't got nothing on pay pal!!! ill leave it at that. now back to my cash card taking a dump, so I call the 5-star customer service dept., so as I'm just sitting there in awe of my current misfortune, only to be double wammied, when they rep. lady tells me to go back to the store and attempt to withdraw money so that when it doesn't allow me to, she can maybe see the "error" code. I'm like, listen here lady, I'm sitting here baby sittin' a pot of beans because I have no access to funds and myself and kids got to eat, the groceries stayed at the grocery store!!! so when she felt she couldn't convince me, she responded to my sad story by giving me advice, she says, just use the send/request feature, and send to someone you trust, at this point, really didn't care what she said, so after hanging up, I thought, well why not. called up a buddy and??????? IT DID NOT WORK!!!! So Wednesday is here, another hour of my life wasted with absolutely no answers. was able to attempt "reset ", on the link of accounts, but wasn't given a definite answer as to if it would work, so now I have to wait for the small deposit amounts etc. Later on that evening, I tried the card again, did not work, so I decided to see if it would work to make a store purchase, it worked? so now im totally stupified!!! went back to ATM, it worked! "Hallelujah, pack it up kids, were going to Applebee's!!!"SO now, i have access to funds, this was Wed. night. Thursday, I let the automation tool do its thing so wait patiently and patiently, finally Friday, i call and the rep quite nonchalantly says, " oh well let's just try this hon", she sent a code to my phone and I read it back to her and boom, the accounts were linked! I am not even going to try and wrap my noggin" around this one. So what do I do, damn right, I go dig up my funds from under the dog house out in the back yard, and start working on my ' instant" transfer, pay the fee ANNDDDD???? YUP, tells me that I have to wait 72 hours... seven and two hours!!!! well im not waiting that long, I'll just do the withdraw little by little using ATM. Now, wither it did not allow me or I might have clicked on something, but that is irrelevant, so now I'm stuck with no funds yet again, as my ordeal has come full circle... Only in the Twilight Zone, can't make this kind of stuff up!!!and so now ends a perfect week, a Friday, sitting here broke, with a pot of beans on the burner!!!

Login to Me Too

Shanynn

Deposited my balance to my debit card last night just as I've done several times before, never a problem until today. It's "pending" and because I don't have the money in the bank now, my phone is shut off because the bill didn't get paid. Thanx alot paypal!

Login to Me Too

turtlebugz
New Community Member
I've been trying to transfer money to my card for three hours and am being told they're unable to complete the transfer. Seems like it's on PayPal's end. This happened to me a few months ago and the next day they had it fixed. Seems to be happening too often lately though.
Login to Me Too

itsonlyJill
Yup, this just happened to me today. About to leave for a vacation.. wanted a little extra spending cash, thought the “few minutes” seemed like a great idea. Says it’s successful.. but nope.. nothing. Awesome.. thanks, PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Fairy-Rider
Contributor
Contributor

I've experienced a same problem too! I have bills to pay, and I have a phone to top up, can't live without my funds what I've received from a survey website what I used to earn money. It told me it was successful. As I viewed my bank balance, the balance didn't update at all! There's something screwy going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.