'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

arel3
Contributor
Contributor

Over 200 people have said they've experienced this but not one person has shared the outcome. Did the money eventually show up? How long did it actually take for the funds to be accessible? I'm going through the same thing except I don't recall choosing the "instant" transfer. I was frustrated to be on the phone for almost 2 hours with tech support (1 hour and 45 minutes on hold!!) because the site was asking me to verify by phone but wasn't giving me any phone numbers to choose from and wouldn't let me add one.

Did the funds show up or did they disappear and were never gotten? If you eventually got the funds how long did it take?

Login to Me Too

FrustratedBroke
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. First eBay hold, then PP 72 hour hold for attempting to use the instant deposit. Last night, I received the emails saying the hold had completed and should have the funds typically within 30 min. (That's that the email said, seriously!!) I checked my bank balance this am, no funds, PP says transfer completed. CSR from my bank(SunTrust) tried looking for any incoming transfers and put me on hold for about 5 min; and after the wait, I was told there wasn't any incoming deposits to my account. Very frustrated!!! Hoping tomorrow will have some better news

Login to Me Too

Poffed

PayPal is seriously a huge joke! This is exactly why I only use Cash App. I sold some of my college books and the only form of payment was PayPal and I was completely dreading this because PayPal always has an issue with giving me my money on time. Like it’s 2018, I don’t understand why PayPal doesn’t have their system together, it is completely ridiculous. I decided to do the instant transfer to my debit card and yep, I’m not even surprised the money has yet to be in my account and it’s been 24 hours and the payment is still pending. I really don’t understand why this could be... I thought transfers we’re supposed to be simple, with Cash App the money is instantly, like 2 seconds, in my bank account with no trouble at all. PLUS I have been waiting to talk to a customer service representative for an hour and 20 minutes, like PayPal please get your stuff together because this is ridiculous. I shouldn’t still be waiting to speak to someone. If my money doesn’t come into my account tomorrow I am going to be extremely upset  and look for alternatives to get my funds. PayPal this is beyond ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

caresfl
Contributor
Contributor

I do these a lot and usually they go through very fast. A few days ago suddenly it said my bank wasn't accepting them and then it came back later that day... well today I transferred money 3 times and the middle time it disappeared. I seriously don't think my bank rejected one out of many and then accepted the next one. smh. 

Login to Me Too

Asmith1
New Community Member
Same with me it's been hours and it's not there. But its Monday and I asked for the transfer this morning.
Login to Me Too

Rysaoritz
I'm very disappointed with PayPal service and I literally started using it not even two days!!! I'm currently homeless and was getting money sent from family to help me and my husband at least eat wich we haven't in a little over a week! This is ridiculous! I need that money and I've been waiting over 24 hours for money we NEED!! VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED VERY! THIS IS A HORRIBLE APP WITH DISGUSTING SERVICE!
Login to Me Too

Saphyregem
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone get their money?
Login to Me Too

galaga88
Contributor
Contributor

Seeing the exact same thing here. When I spoke with the PayPal service rep they said I wouldn't be getting it within 30 minutes (which became obvious 16 hours ago), and that it was undergoing a "security review." I received no email telling me of this review, why the review happened, etc.

When I contacted my bank, they said they could see both transactions had been started yesterday, but were still waiting on info from PayPal to finish them up. The bank thinks it'll be today, maybe tomorrow. I'll reply to this topic when this happens so everybody else can see if/how it's getting resolved.

PayPal did say they'd refund me the $.50 they charged for the two transfers, so yay?

Login to Me Too

galaga88
Contributor
Contributor

As promised:

I received the funds about 24 hours after I initiated the transfer. I did another three withdrawals over the span of the next week to my debit card, and they consistently took 24 hours to show up.

So in my case at least, the "minutes" claim is consistently wrong.

Login to Me Too

Zkoz05
Contributor
Contributor
Same has happend to me.. still waiting on the transaction to be completed.. I called paypal at the 24hr mark, they said you should be receiving it before 5 so you can pay your bill.. well I didnt.. day two. Called 4 times they keep saying the same thing.. they are working on it cant give you a time but it will be there within 2 days.. it's now the third day. Still waiting.. they are ignorant, liars this is the last time I use paypal as every transaction I had a problem an had to clear it up with customer service.. They have been taking thousands of dollars of fees as I use it with multiple people for business etc.. 26.50 fee every transaction.. once I get my money on my card goodbye to paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.