'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Wiseguyy007
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is using every excuse humanly possible to hold the money. This funds transfer method was created due to "Millennials" being sent questionnaires so PayPal could help appeal to a younger generation and not get canned. Hence "Venmo" but now especially with eBay dumping them.."Daddy" dumping the eBay spinoff they will use every method possible to hold money. Example: I complained to a Supervisor and he told me it's because my credit card (a $34) transaction was declined...within the last 30 days...BUSTED...i know my transaction histories...I called my CC company had them call PayPal to correct them and they're BS my CC (Wells MC) made a (3way) call and went through all the transactions before the date and after and the PP supervisor stuck to his guns "Refuting" my CC provider Supervisor. They were simply caught with their pants down there saying that a credit card transaction that was denied by my credit card happened when my bank got on a 3-way call and explain to them that that record that attempted purchase never took place PayPal simply denies that and maintains that that is the reason but my money transfer your debit is being held up that's a scam PayPal needs to hang on to every dollar every quarter every nickel every penny as long as they can to collect interest.
Login to Me Too

Awakedreaming
New Community Member
Will The money ever show up in my account or is it gone forever ?
Login to Me Too

Schematicus
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering the same thing. I should've remembered this feature is a miserable nonfunctional piece of work. Will remember not to use instant debit transfer ever again.

Login to Me Too

Wiseguyy007
Contributor
Contributor
The real funny part about this is that I had a supervisor with PayPal explain to me that in the email that you received the minute you execute the debit card transfer a but you receive an email from PayPal explaining that for security reasons your transfer is being reviewed and delayed. So that's actually PayPal way of getting out of the statement that the money gets transferred to your account in 30 minutes. Just another PayPal scam and setting a totally false expectation of services that they charge you for scumbags PayPal.
Login to Me Too

MadMok128
Contributor
Contributor
They tried using something similar against me the other day. A friend of mine was trying to send me money from her credit card so I could withdraw it as cash for her. Her card company kept freezing her card for every and All transactions actually telling her she probably needed to order a new card. Well after these attempts, I had about 3 successful transfers using PayPal and when my $99.75 transfer to my banks debit card was then put on a 24 hour security review , the dumbass PayPal representative had the balls to try blaming my friends card that was being declined. Until of course I reminded the PayPal rep that three successful and immediate funds transfers to my debit card had occurred since my friend tried using her credit card that was declined. Who trains these people to lie the way they do?
Login to Me Too

MadMok128
Contributor
Contributor
That’s balogna It’s Paypal. I’ve had my first transaction work Immediately for 75$ then one for 400$ was put on hold for 24 hours by PayPal. The **bleep** in customer service stated it was because it was for 400$ lol wtf. Yeh whatever. Then two more for 65$ then yesterday one for 100$ I really needed bang! Flagged again! Then the customer service rep this time tried stating it was from my friend trying to send me money a few weeks ago had their card keep ending up getting frozen I said “come on I’ve had four approved since then” they lie because they’re trained to. PayPal charges high this fee but cannot literally transfer funds that fast without using their own funds to back up our transactions (I assume). The rep did say they would cover all my overdraft fees that occur This is false advertisement and downright dishonest.
Login to Me Too

Pam0284
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. Last night the funds showed as pending in my bank account, so I was very happy. Then this morning they are no longer showing as pending, AND they are gone from paypal. I am hoping that they reappear within 24 hours. 

Login to Me Too

Shortstraw4
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me on March 10th. Its a weekend which might cause issues but I am worried my funds are gone. Hopefully they can resolve this but I will never use "instant" transfer again...
Login to Me Too

Wiseguyy007
Contributor
Contributor
They're not gone your just **bleep** till Monday after 11am
Login to Me Too

Same thing happen to me on 3/20/18 all week l have been using the old method to withdraw. Tried this instant crap and now $450.00 is held up in a system they claim they can't over ride! Argued with the rep for about 15 minutes and she stated its usually 30 minutes but it can be up to 24hrs. I said on the screen before l clicked to confirm the transfer it stated instantly but may take up to a hour.. So l asked for a supervisor and she places me on hold for like 8 minutes and come back to say my supervisor said there is nothing we can do while it's in the security review process.. I told her put the supervisor on the phone that told you to tell me that on the phone.. 10 minutes or so on hold again supposedly the supervisor comes on and states a whole different up to review time.. She said 24-72 hrs while in this review status... I was livid here it is almost 24hrs and still no sign of this money the debit card l used is under the same account l been withdrawing from all month. Word to the wise use the old method or you will be disappointed if you need your money fast... They need to quit offering it until they get it right.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.