'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Eman101
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me today as well. Talked to a manager who accused me of "selling" stuff... Because I have money, I got a warning and she notated my account. Wow is all I can say. My class mates and friends send me money if I buy concert tickets or pay for there stocks. Some of my friends are not as lucky to have parents who are well off. I don't say this to brag but they have to wait until payday to pay me back. The lack of sympathy from her was astonishing. "This person put stocks in there comments" "this one put their address" yeah and one of my classmates put a curse word lol I can't control what people do but it doesn't mean I should be treated like a crook. I can't believe she would "notate" my account and give me a "one time warning".... She actually was upset at me because I told her it was all sent family. "If your selling you need to use the goods and services or this will keep happening"... really?! Maybe I'll just leave your service. I don't have to deal with your horrible managers.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you are better off asking your friends to use online banking to send you the concert ticket money.

Paypal pays its bill by chargeing us for goods and services,friend and family is just a courtesy ,if y ou have too many friend and family,they start to suspect you are selling and avoiding paypal fee.

Login to Me Too

DawgPatch
New Community Member
I just experienced the same thing. I just moved into a new home and it wiped us out financially and we need gas and money for laundry and I don't get paid until next Friday so a buddy lent me some cash by dropping it into paypal to get us by and I decide to try this new feature, figured .25 was worth the price of admission and I linked my card and got the same message as the rest of you..its a racket. .25 adds up with millions of folks using PayPal and checking out this new feature. For shame PayPal..I just wanted to have some clean boxers and socks for Pete's sake and gas up the truck, I'll get paid before this money is transferred.
Login to Me Too

Honestly I've used this instant feature tons and only just now got the pending security message and I think it's probably due to me being in the us and being paid in euros.... I've always had nothing but good with PayPal this is the first thing that happened. As long as this isnt a ongoing thing I'm good with it. Just wish it hadn't come at such bad timing normally I don't "need" the money right away but this time I did smh anyway don't let this one time throw you for this PayPal service it normally goes without problem.
Login to Me Too

Disttler
Contributor
Contributor

INSTANT means RIGHT NOW / DIRECT 

Two transfers to check how it work and IT DOESNT ! 

Gosh what a scum ! 

Login to Me Too

Hmm1_
This is happened to me as well three days ago. I got my money instead of instantly I got it in four hours. The next day it transferred immediately today it’s taking at least four hours or so Paypal tells me. What’s the difference between yesterday and today? And who’s keeping the $.25 for every instant transfer that isn’t instant?
Login to Me Too

Ryanjrmomma
I am having this same exact issue I just transferred 1500$ from my business PayPal to my personal that all worked good but when I went to transfer it to my bank it just says pending and on top of that! They charged a 57$ fee to transfer it to my personal account!!!! this is rediculous I am trying to get the rest of the money for the car I am buying and I can’t take the car till I get that other 1500$ this is **bleep** and I will sue PayPal if they do not fix this especially since they already took 57$ without even telling me that would be the fee! I thought the max fee was $10 this whole company sucks right now!! I want my money that I worked hard for
Login to Me Too

izzyhop94
Contributor
Contributor
Did it get fixed and how long?
Login to Me Too

ellejaydub
It’s been just over 24 hours for me now. I don’t mind the wasted 25¢ but I want my money! Don’t advertise “instant” if it isn’t truly instant, you’ve basically stolen my money while it’s in limbo!
Login to Me Too

Temp011718
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money to my bank last SUNDAY and today, Friday - many days later - it has still not appeared in my bank account.

Repeated attempts to get the actual transfer number results in phony number, 4 hour holds for a supervisor who never appears and call centers so loud with others talking, I can barely hear the representative!

I have used PayPay for years and have been happy till this. As of now the money is still missing and these outsourced reps are of no help. We are looking in to other methods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.