Instant Transfer to Debit Card

mbrewer714
New Community Member

I did the instant transfer to debit card from my wallet.  Paypal assures you this will be complete in 30 minutes.  It's been over an hour.  The money is gone from Paypal, but not in my bank account.  I could have used this money 59 minutes ago, as I am hungry, and I need it to buy lunch.  Don't tell me something is going to be instant (or take 30 minutes) when clerly this is false (based on many other people's comments).

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

marianne0801
New Community Member

I used the instant transfer option this morning to transfer $275.25 to my credit union account via my linked and confirmed debit card, paying the $.25 charge.  It is now 14 hours later and the $275 has not only not been transferred,  a credit union representative just told me they have not received the transfer at all.  Where the heck is the money I transferred 14 hours ago?????  This is beyond frustrating!!

Login to Me Too

The1sglowe
I am having the same exact problem. The transfer doesn’t even show as pending on my bank account but in my PayPal it says the transfer is completed. I have around $260 that is just in air, nowhere to be found. How long did it take to eventually get to your bank account? It’s been 15 hours for me. They really should just omit that feature and not charge for it if they know they can’t follow through with it.
Login to Me Too

Kclark2
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed. This is b.s. esp. at Christmas. Money in limbo...pay pal says transaction completed but no money in acct. 6-7 hours later.
Login to Me Too

Jarrod2557
Contributor
Contributor
I have a confirmed card and I'm still waiting 12 hours later! The feature isn't that new to still be having this issue. It worked back when my card was unconfirmed tho?? So if it states it is complete with PayPal and my bank has no knowledge of this... where is my $150. Can PayPal track my money? Or retract it? People depend on this money transfer and it doesn't work obviously. Back to the free 24 hour tranfer.
Login to Me Too

Eyeofthestorm86
New Community Member
I tried to transfer $30.00 to my debit card and it told me they had to do a "security check" and that it could take up to 24 hours?? I've never had this problem before.
Login to Me Too

Brandonblanton2
Contributor
Contributor
I just transferred $20 from my PayPal on Friday it is now Monday. My card does not have a pending deposit from the transfer. It has been 3 days I have a Visa. I have transferred money before is never taken this long. I don't understand what's going on
Login to Me Too

Petitecharm
Contributor
Contributor
I tried using that link to check but it didn’t take me to anything
Login to Me Too

garnerr2018
Contributor
Contributor

yea i just think its funny how you brag about instant transfer and then it takes a minimum of 24 hours for your automated security to review, yet none of your customer service reps. can tell me anything about why it was flagged for review the status of the review or anything else about it for that matter besides "wait 24 hours".... like how does a multi billion dollar company have no access to an internal system, how does that make any since?????

Login to Me Too

garnerr2018
Contributor
Contributor

oh and the link you provided is bull

Login to Me Too

Stoltzge
Contributor
Contributor
Honestly Cash App/Square is by far a better service. I've been using PayPal for a while but now have both and CashApp is much easier to use, and you can instantly transfer funds for .01%
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.