Instant Transfer to Debit Card

mbrewer714
New Community Member

I did the instant transfer to debit card from my wallet.  Paypal assures you this will be complete in 30 minutes.  It's been over an hour.  The money is gone from Paypal, but not in my bank account.  I could have used this money 59 minutes ago, as I am hungry, and I need it to buy lunch.  Don't tell me something is going to be instant (or take 30 minutes) when clerly this is false (based on many other people's comments).

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

If you have used money to transfer to a visa debit card from paypal account, then it should take a week. However, if you have used the new PayPal instant bank transfer feature with a  $0.25 per transaction fee , then it should be instant transfer to your bank account via eligible debit cards linked to your paypal account, although some banks may take up to 30 minutes.

Login to Me Too

Sasullivan76
Contributor
Contributor
Yes technically that is the case. However, that is not what is actually taking place it seems. I tried this earlier tonight and what was supposed to take a few minutes now says it will take 24 hours!
Login to Me Too

Lisaann517
New Community Member
They said because it was my first time it takes 24 hours plus 30 minutes, even though I chose instant transfer
Login to Me Too

Daydayup
Contributor
Contributor

I made instant transfer on my debit card. PayPal put it under security review,then told me it will show up my account in24 hours. I am upset I needed the instant transfer to cover my bank ac payment yesterday. Due to the instant card transfer didn’t work, and my transfer is still pending, I am paying a lot of overdraft fees now, which shouldn’t happened. Wish PayPalcan put the money back to my balance. Even transfer to a bank account will be faster than transferring to a debit card when it is under review.

Login to Me Too

Daydayup
Contributor
Contributor

So, yesterday, I requested instant debit card transfer to my bank. But PayPal put it to security review, but passed the review and processed my transfer as non instant transfer. It showed up my account after just after 23 hours. It caused me to pay $37 fee to my bank due to I expected the instant transfer worked yesterday as expected.  Just want to share this case in case you have urgent needs, but stacked like me. 

Login to Me Too

Tommycagle
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what happened to me! Anyone know how to push this along? Needed the money when I instant transferred, now 12 hours later still nothing and bank says they don’t even see it so..
Login to Me Too

Kclark2
Contributor
Contributor
Same for me.
Login to Me Too

Waysupream
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is saying 72 hours I only get instant transfer sometimes but it went from instant to now when I do it 12 hours and the last one I did just said 72 hours!!! Why so long ?
Login to Me Too

Tttis4329
Same a year later. Did you have a positive outcome by any chance? I would never have used them if I’d read your post first
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.