Instagram buying account

Asad_G
New Community Member
Hello, I tried buying Instagram account and the girl selling told me that I have to pay using friends and family. I told her I want to pay using goods & services and then she told me that it will not be possible because it will request tracking number. Can someone approve is she right or she is trying to scam me ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

_Darwin_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Asad_G 

I hope all is well. Thank you for raising your concern. It's a great thing you've inquired about this first prior to making the transaction. PayPal always wants to help ensure the safe and secure use of our services by both buyers and sellers. Please be advised that sending a payment as 'Friends and Family' will not cover you for PayPal's Buyer Protection Program. Which means, if something is to happen along with that transaction, you are not eligible to file a dispute. You may review the FAQ below:

What is PayPal Buyer Protection? 

You can also review the PayPal's User Agreement to understand what is covered and not covered under the PayPal's Buyer Protection.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Kudos will be much appreciated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.