Indian Customer Payments Declined at PayPal Checkout With My Shopify Store Currency Set in USD

chintayekaveera
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have integrated a PayPal account with my store as one of the payment gateway options. I have been facing problems on my PayPal account. I have an eCommerce website on Shopify and the default currency is USD.  When I'm trying to make a payment from India, my payment isn't getting processed and I'm unable to make the payment. This has been happening with my clients in the other countries too. I have used my card for international transactions in Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, GBP, Euro etc, never have I faced a problem with it but I don't understand why PayPal isn't accepting my Indian card or any other card other than that of the US. The PayPal team says that because my website currency is passed in USD, my card is getting declined since it's a card which has the local currency. In order to process the payment, my website needs to pass the currency country wise i.e if it's India then Indian Rupees should be the checkout currency and only then will the customer be able to process the payment.

In order to show product prices to my customers in their local currencies, I have used a currency converter in my Shopify store which is absolutely working fine on product pages(ex: showing USD to USA Customers, GBP to UK Customers). Here the actual issue arises, after entering into the PayPal checkout page the currency automatically redirecting back to USD which is my store default currency and hence except USA customers others are not able to check out successfully their local currencies. 

When I look into other similar stores, In the PayPal checkout page after entering card details it automatically converts to their local currencies based on the customer's location(ex: showing INR to INDIAN Customers, GBP to UK Customers) so that they able to checkout successfully. However, for my store on the PayPal checkout page, the currency conversion is not happening, and hence my customers not able to checkout successfully.

So could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Surya

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.