Incorrect Negative Balance

JemmaL
Contributor
Contributor

So last week I accidentally removed my PayPal direct debit and my account has been messed up ever since.

I managed to go into a negative balance and PayPal kept declining my bank card or bank transfer. I was negative £25.96 in my account so I asked my partner to pop £26 into my PayPal account to bring me in the positive.

Since then I've been using my account with no issues, my iTunes account is pre-approved and I've spent around £20 over a couple of transactions, no big deal. This morning I go to order something online and pay through PayPal but for some reason, my order which is around £32 is going to cost me around £82.

I log into PayPal to see that I have a negative balance of £50.57 which I just cannot wrap my head around.

Checking my summary, I can see that I have a pending transaction for £21.98 which is from 1st Feb 2020 which was most certainly paid - I checked my bank account, and then I can see my iTunes transactions, three all together totalling £20.97 and a transaction to Screwfix for £4.98. These are the only transactions that have been made since my partner sent £26 to the account which left it at a positive balance of 4p and every single one of them is also showing on my bank account and approved transactions.

I'm just really confused as to why my account is showing a negative balance when I have paid for everything from my bank account, also, why am I being charged again for something I paid for 2 months ago! And also, where is the maths on this coming from as, even if I hadn't paid for these items, my account should be overdrawn by £47.81 - where has the extra come from? I'm so confused. I have obviously tried to contact PayPal directly but cannot get through to them. I have already opened a case in the resolution centre about the pending transaction from two months ago which was already paid for, just looking for advice about why my transactions are showing as not having been paid for when my bank is showing that they have.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.