Impossible to withdraw money without conversion

George2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

i have paypal balance in GBP and i want to withdraw them either to my VISA card or to my UK account without being converted to different currency. Does anyone can help me if this is possible and if so how can i do it?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
What is your PayPal account main currency? The only reason GBP would convert is if you have different currency on your main account. Otherwise I do not see why GBP would converse if you request withdrawal to UK bank account.
Login to Me Too

George2020
Contributor
Contributor

My primary currency is GB, Since i live in Bulgaria it want to automatically exchange the amount in BGN...

It does not matter that the account is GBP

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I do not think it matters where you live. If your PayPal account is in GBP it should not exchange amount unless your VISA card is in Bulgarian lev. If your VISA is in Bulgaria lev then it will exchange automatically.
Login to Me Too

George2020
Contributor
Contributor

Even if i am trying to withdraw in my own  UK bank account which is in GBP it is still converting to BGN.

I am really stuck what to do with the money that i have in the paypal wallet.

P.S. The rate is far from good...

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
It looks like your PayPal account is in BGN. I mean when I go abroad I still am able to withdraw GBP to my UK account whilst being abroad because my PayPal account is opened in UK in GBP.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George2020 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.