I want to clear my negative balance

ChangFeng
Contributor
Contributor

Recently, I have order something online but my German account didn't work so I got a negative balance. Because I still cannot successfully add my bank into paypal account, I decide to use online transfer. If I type the wrong beneficiary name but the right IBAN number, the money still can count and be received? By the way, Paypal message center always reply the same answer no matter what have I asked. Is there any way that I can have useful reply on message center?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChangFeng 

Do you have a German paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChangFeng
Contributor
Contributor
Dear kernowlass Yes, I do have one. However, I cannot find the card verification number on my card; thus, I cannot actually add a card in my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChangFeng 

In your first post you say you can't add your bank account and in the above one you say you can't add your bank card, so which are you trying to add?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChangFeng
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for my unclear description. Actually I have linked the bank account into PayPal but once when I want to add money to clear my negative balance, I cannot add my card into PayPal in order to add money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChangFeng 

You can't add funds to a paypal account via a card, and you can only add it via a bank account in some countries, but you haven't said what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChangFeng
Contributor
Contributor

I am in German.

In my PayPal wallet, When I have a negative balance, PayPal either want me to "transfer money" or "add money". If I want to add money to PayPal to clear the negative balance, they want me to add debit or credit card to account. Isn't it suppose I should add some money into PayPal account? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@ChangFeng,

You would only have the ability to add money to your PayPal account in order to resolve a negative balance by using a bank.  

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.