I sent money, the recipient received it, but the money is still visible in my wallet

pomegradates
Contributor
Contributor
What's wrong? Is getting free money this easy? Lol. I sent money to someone's paypal, they got it and even transferred it to their bank already. But the money still remains in my wallet as if it never left. Although in the transactions list, it does show the money being transacted (with a negative sign) and so technically it should be gone. Has this happened to anyone and what should i do? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
The only way would be to withdraw your Paypal balance to your debit card or bank account linked to your debit card. Yes, payments usually appear on your card statement after few days and might take longer over weekends.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Can you click on the sent money and check which payment method was used. If you see last 4 digits of your card or bank account it means money was sent not using PayPal balance thus you still see that money on PayPal balance.
Login to Me Too

pomegradates
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, you're right. It does say it was paid using my bank card. The issue now is that I don't even have enough in my card to allow for the amount to be paid? And I don't see any transaction in my card history. Will a negative amount appear after a few days? It's already been more than 24 hours since I've sent the money. Thank you so much!
Login to Me Too
Solved

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
The only way would be to withdraw your Paypal balance to your debit card or bank account linked to your debit card. Yes, payments usually appear on your card statement after few days and might take longer over weekends.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.