I need more info about the limits of Buyer Protection

SpencerMeow
New Community Member

I have someone who I'm trying to buy an item through OfferUp with, who I'm hoping isn't a scammer, and it's for an expensive item I've sought after for some time, and he says due to trust issues and his distrust of the OfferUp site itself, only wants to make this transaction through PayPal, instead of OfferUp or meeting up in person.

Now I know PayPal is a very safe site, but what I'm assuming here is he wants me (not through an actual website like eBay) to send him the money literally right through PayPal and then have him ship it to me, looking at the seller's account, he's a very longtime and trusted seller but I want to know how much I'm covered on this and what the safest way to do this is.

Is there a way to send money on PayPal that you can retract back if they don't go through with it?

Does Buyer Protection apply if it is done this way? Or which way should it be done so it's protected by Buyer Protection

Is there any way to send money through PayPal that acts like a purchase that gets refunded if it isn't received

In other words how can we ensure that he will ship the item if I send the money

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.