I need help with my ebay/paypal return request, I'm scared!

EddyMeco
New Community Member

I recently bought sold an iPad to someone for 220 dollars.  I transferred the money to my bank account. When the buyer got it, he wanted to return it. So I gave him a return request. He shipped the item and it’s on the way for it soon to come to my house.    When I went to PayPal says,- negative.  At first I didn’t know what to do, then I realized that I can put the money from the bank account I to transfer the money to my paypal account to get rid of the negative. After I did that, I realized that that I only have around 30 dollars on my bank account. Now I’m confused and scared because I don’t know what’s happening. How did or how will the buyer get the refund now? I’m scared. Was the refund already automatically processed to the buyer and do I have anything to worry about? Please reply.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EddyMeco 

You withdrew the funds of the iPad sale out so you emptied your PayPal account so when a dispute was filed it puts your account in the negative as PayPal normally deducts the disputed amount from your PayPal balance and put it on hold pending outcome of the dispute so you must add the $220 back to your PayPal account to zero the balance because you now owe PayPal.

As soon as the tracking info shows delivered, the funds that are put on hold are refunded to the buyer and you still owe PayPal the $220. When you have that amount in your bank, just add funds to your PayPal balance to cover it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.