I need help on releasing my funds. I am not a seller, I am a freelancer.

Khimmy81
Contributor
Contributor

My client paid me thru paypal and this was the first time receiving a payment from a client. I usually receive my pay for ESL job thru paypal and there is no issue. However, for this freelance job, they hold off my funds because I am a new seller? How come? I didn't sell anything and it was clear on the transaction sent by my client that that was for bookkeeping services. Please help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KKonzal1
New Community Member

@Khimmy81 The same thing is happening to me. I am a freelancer and have been waiting several days for a payment from an international client to clear. I can tell that he paid me and now the funds are being held in the pending stage. This is particularly frustrating, because I have been paid by the same client once before and it reflected in the PayPal balance immediately. 

Does PayPal realize you're doing international business and intentionally slow it down?

I'm very confused.

Login to Me Too

VarunPrabhu1
Contributor
Contributor

I use this site to receive payments for editing and ghostwriting services. Haven't had a hold before, but now I got a 21 days one. I charge upfront and my invoice clearly mentions that. Client and I have agreed to terms and even signed an agreement to the effect. Client even authorized when Paypal sent an email. Now, if I want to get it faster, I have to add tracking information. How can I add tracking information to a transaction that is upfront money?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.