I have to claim my money

Gjbrownie
New Community Member

Hi it says I have to claim my money and in order to do that I have to put my drivers license and ssn but I don’t want that to put online. I don’t want this kind of info on the internet.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

msbecky120
Contributor
Contributor
Waiting to receive my refunds.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It's understandable, but doing this with PayPal actually helps protect you with your online shopping. That's one of the major benefits of PayPal for buyers.

PayPal acts as your online wallet, and your sensitive data does get added with them. However, they are extremely secure, of course, and then when you pay others online with PayPal those people would not be seeing anything more than your email address and shipping address (if necessary.)

This way you can buy from hundreds of different online merchants, but your sensitive information remains secure behind PayPal's locked doors, and nobody else ever gets it.

Another thing I would say is that your driver license and SSN are probably not as secure in general as you might think. Unfortunately, that stuff floats around out there quite a bit, so regardless of how much you're putting it online I would recommend you use a credit monitoring service (there are good free ones available) to help you monitor whether or not anything ever happens with your stuff.

Using PayPal to protect all of your sensitive data in general, and using a credit monitoring service to provide feedback if something does somehow happen so you can fix it right away will keep you comfortable online.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.