I cant send money to my bank

Alfonsas13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello:)

I have problem;)

I want ask what's can be.... paypal ask me couple documtens i send, i get fast answers, your account has been restored, no limits, you can used...

Couple days later i try to send my money to my bank and i see the same red since need more information, contact tu customer services also i cant't send with email, no notifications, no messages nothing.... need just wait or what i must to do? Thanks guys

Have a nice day

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Flossie55
Contributor
Contributor

HI, I am having the same problem and was told it was due to a technical error.  I need the money in my business account to pay bills etc but the transfer option to bank account keeps giving me the triangular error message.  It really isn't good enough!

Login to Me Too

Alfonsas13
Contributor
Contributor
Hmmm very strange;( also i try with email and nothing... and the end? You just waiting? Or what do you think i must to do?
Login to Me Too

Flossie55
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

I plan to call them again in the morning.  It's outrageous that you can't access your own money!

I will let you know if I have any luck Alfonso.

Flossie

Login to Me Too

Alfonsas13
Contributor
Contributor
Okey big thanks;) i wait your news!! And how long like this for you?? For me is very strange because pp customer send me email, everything its okey no limint you can used i try and like this....
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.