I cannot link any of my bank accounts to my PayPal account? Scam? Fraud?

KYLENOFU
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, I cannot link my Philippines-based bank account to my PayPal account.

Yes, I followed all of the steps closely and multiple times in countless attempts. My name on account is correct, my bank name and bank code is correct, my account number is correct.

But I still get the prompt: "We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date."

I've tried different banks both here in the PH and one account in the United States. Nada. No dice. Doesn't work. Isn't this fraud?

I've been trying and trying with no success. Please somebody help me?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you are in PH,you can only link local banks.

sounds like Paypal does not do business with your banks,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KYLENOFU

You can link a local / US / or cards to your paypal account.

If you can't link a bank account then your best bet is to contact customer services and sometimes they can add it manually for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@nevadasmith wrote:

if you are in PH,you can only link local banks.

sounds like Paypal does not do business with your banks,

if you are an American expatriate,you can add a US bank /

what is the US bank you tried adding?

Login to Me Too

jp36
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue. My Philippines Bank (PNB) was previously linked with my Paypal account (so far so good) but the bank has recently modified all the account numbers, so I had to update the old bank account with the new number. I have sent numerous emails...I have received numerous useless automate answers from Paypal... I have called in Luxembourg (they were polite but they don't care at all and didn't give me any info that I could use to solve the issue)... It s been for more than 2 months already. I m in the Philippines, I have no phone number to call Paypal (only a totally useless USA number with automatic voice system). I really need my Paypal money to be transfer to my bank. I cannot pay my rent and my food with Paypal here. HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@jp36 wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. My Philippines Bank (PNB) was previously linked with my Paypal account (so far so good) but the bank has recently modified all the account numbers, so I had to update the old bank account with the new number. I have sent numerous emails...I have received numerous useless automate answers from Paypal... I have called in Luxembourg (they were polite but they don't care at all and didn't give me any info that I could use to solve the issue)... It s been for more than 2 months already. I m in the Philippines, I have no phone number to call Paypal (only a totally useless USA number with automatic voice system). I really need my Paypal money to be transfer to my bank. I cannot pay my rent and my food with Paypal here. HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE

are yu having problem changing account number of your existing bank account?

have you tried adding a new bank account with this new account number but same bank and see if it goes?

then later delete the old one.

I believe Paypal customer service for SE Asia is in Singapore.

Login to Me Too

jp36
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have tried everything, to be sure I also confirmed the new bank card in Paypal.

I ll try to find a number in Singapore

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

there are also other limits-

you cant add the same bank to more than one Paypal account.

you cant add a bank which has been added to 3 previous Paypal account.

yes,name should be exactly the same as your bank account 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you may want to search this forum or ask your fellow PAYPAL users which banks work well with Paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.