I can't use my balance suddenly

Owlishious
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have some leftover PayPal balance and wanted to use it to partially cover a bigger payment, the rest is comming from my bank but it doesn't give me the option to draw from my PayPal balance. I have done several mixed payments like this before, never had issues.
My PayPal currency is diferent to the currency on my bank, but again I never had issues with mixed payments before, now it asks me to make the full payment from my bank.

Any help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Owlishious 

It has to be the same currency apparently. Are you absolutely sure you've been able to pay with PayPal balance in a different currency and then with your back up in another currency? You can have mixed, combined or 'split' payments from certain different funding sources but I don't know about including currencies in that. At least I've not yet found documentation to support combined payments in both different funding sources AND currencies.

You may convert the PayPal balance to the currency you want to or are sending payment in and then try the purchase again to see if it will use the PayPal balance and your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Owlishious
Contributor
Contributor

I always used USD on PayPal so yes I'm 100% sure

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.