I can't transfer funds to my Paymaya virtual card

VACherry
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing issues with PayPal and Paymaya Virtual cards?

Been trying to send some funds on my paymaya account but all it says that I have to link an eligible bank or debit card.

This is the first time that I encountered this issue as I have been using this method for 10 months already.

Hoping that someone will give light into this.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VACherry, @mondi21 and @charinell,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

We don't recommend the use of virtual cards on PayPal as you may experience issues such as you have described. If you are withdrawing to a card we recommend using a card issued by a traditional bank in your country.

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

mondi21
Contributor
Contributor

I am having similar issues but with an EON debit card. I've been transferring funds from my paypal to that debit card on a weekly basis for the past 7-8 months until this week when suddenly my card is "not eligible" for instant transfers. It's very frustrating paypal doesnt seem to want to look into this issue

Login to Me Too

charinell
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue too. Been trying to transfer since last week. I already confirmed my PayMaya card but it still won't let me transfer there.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VACherry, @mondi21 and @charinell,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

We don't recommend the use of virtual cards on PayPal as you may experience issues such as you have described. If you are withdrawing to a card we recommend using a card issued by a traditional bank in your country.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

DMCMYDZ
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried using 2 traditional cards from 2 of the most reputable banks - and it came back as not allowed by my bank. 

Whats you solution to this as majority of freelancers rely on the services provided by paymaya and gcash  for instant transfers. 

Bank charges us up to $7 per withdrawal that why we opted paymaya and gcash. These are virtual accounts but they come with physical cards. 

This is affecting majority of us. 

Login to Me Too

charinell
Contributor
Contributor

That's right. It comes with a physical card which we can easily use before. Now we don't know how to get funds anymore

Login to Me Too

andrea154
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to link my MasterCard because it said that I need to link but I have already linked card before. And when I do that, it said it is done but nothing happened. I tried several times and nothing.

I don' t have options to do the next step to transfer funds. This is the first time I see this on PayPal. 

I don't know what to do. I don't live in the US and don't have a US bank account. I can withdraw or transfer funds only through master and visa cards. 

Please, someone help! 

Login to Me Too

audrim
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Rachael, I am not using a virtual card. I repeat, I AM NOT USING A VIRTUAL CARD. Why is my bank being rejected?

Login to Me Too

mondi21
Contributor
Contributor

You don't recommend them? But paypal has articles encouraging us to use these services and as mentioned by other users, we've been using these cards for months if not years with no issues. something must have changed on paypal's end but no one wants to look into this.

see 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/withdrawal-options

and 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/withdrawals-to-paymaya

Login to Me Too

audrim
Contributor
Contributor

Why is this one marked Solved and the solution given being Rachael's answer? That is NOT a solution. That is you forcing your new policies on us WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. Besides, even a physical debit card from one of the country's biggest bank was not accepted. How then can this be considered "solved"?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.