I can't transfer funds to my Paymaya virtual card

VACherry
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Is anyone experiencing issues with PayPal and Paymaya Virtual cards?

Been trying to send some funds on my paymaya account but all it says that I have to link an eligible bank or debit card.

This is the first time that I encountered this issue as I have been using this method for 10 months already.

Hoping that someone will give light into this.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

audrim
Contributor
Contributor

Same here with Paymaya, I have a physical Paymaya card and been transferring to it for over 2 years now. Tried my Metrobank debit but the system does not accept it. Why fix something that is not broke Paypal? Or are you just so greedy you want to increase charges to everything we do?

Login to Me Too

Hazzel1
Contributor
Contributor
Try this guys if you will able to transfer to your paymaya account. www.paypal.com/moneytransfer OR www.paypal.com/wdfunds
Login to Me Too

mondi21
Contributor
Contributor

holy guacamole! You are a lifesaver, i just tried this and it worked again! It bypasses the new paypal withdrawal UI which confirms my suspicion that it's not our banks, it's paypal who's culpable. I just got a nonsensical response from their Twitter before i tried the above workaround; "Please note that most of the bank account and cards are not compatible with PayPal. Thank you." lol i almost gave up on life after that response. Thank you thank you @Hazzel1 

P.s the first link worked for me so i wasnt able to try the 2nd one

Login to Me Too

jameskira

@Hazzel1 Got the correct solution and tried with my colleague. I think PayPal is running multiple versions of its app and causing issues. 

The link that works is www.paypal.com/moneytransfer from @Hazzel1 . I haven't tried www.paypal.com/wdfunds but might probably also work. 

Login to Me Too

JovenC
I had this solution given to me by a paypal rep but since 3 weeks ago, the link www.paypal.com/moneytransfer stopped working. I haven't tried the other link yet since i just learned of it today but just wondering if you guys are also experiencing it too or if you have other workaround.
Login to Me Too

dlord213
Contributor
Contributor

I encountered this problem too, it's so frustrating tbh. Anyone tried another new card and link the card and transfer funds to the new PayMaya card? 😞 

Login to Me Too

toneyapalisok
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same issue. On my Paypal account, it says that my card is linked. But then when I'm trying to transfer funds, the only option to transfer money to is my bank account. I'd click the 'Link a Card' option, I'd put in all my card details, then it would just go back to the first step of asking whether I want an instant transfer or the standard one. It's really frustrating. I hope this is just a bug because it only started happening now when they changed the UI.

Login to Me Too

Hazzel1
Contributor
Contributor

I've just transfer last Nov. 15 to my paymaya virtual card account and I have some balance in paypal now I want to withdraw the balance from my account but it say's not eligible to transfer. It is the 1st I encountered.

Login to Me Too

ronzjr
Contributor
Contributor

i am having the same issue. tried re-linking my paymaya card and it just reverts me to the same step, linking the card again. have been using the card over a year with no problems, until now. please enlighten me with this regard. 

Login to Me Too

ebg96
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly, this isn't a solution, but its the answer as to why its happening to Paymaya users

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/PAYPAL-NO-LONGER-SUPPORTS-PAYMAYA/td-p/1962021

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.