I can't reach anyone at Paypal and money I sent a vendor has been on hold for three weeks

Walter32
New Community Member

...and it was charged to my AMEX card. I can't reach anyone on the phone and no one responds on the message center. Is there a phone number where someone picks up? Is there a mailing address for complaints?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mrathke78
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, Paypal is great about taking money but when there's a discrepancy it takes an act of congress to get ANYONE to hear the problem.  I've tried calling and the automated system says that they can't help with this issue right now and hangs up.  I've tried going through the site and all I can do is report an unoathorized payment...which does not apply here.  

I was accidentally paid twice by a vendor.  I returned the payment and can see it in my transaction history but it's not showing up on the vendor's side.  So someone in Paypal "limbo" there's $150 just sitting there.  WTH kind of financial institution doesn't have a way to speak with a representative about an issue like this?????????

I'm disgusted

Login to Me Too

Goldwing2391
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem..was told they were going to reopen my case,and send an email..still nothing..can't reach no one..for this to be a company this big,you are a normal like bank,and you need someone live to handle disputes not automated voice recordings.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.