I can't move money from my PayPal Balance account to my new PayPal debit card.

dlerory
Contributor
Contributor

I just applied for a PayPal Mastercard debit card, and it's being processed. However, I can see the account on my overview page. I want to move money to my bank account from PayPal. It seems that the only way I can do that is from the Mastercard. So I'm trying to move money to my Mastercard.  How do I do that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlerory 

Not possible to transfer money from your PayPal account to the PayPal debit card to move it to your linked bank account.

The PayPal debit card is only for drawing funds from your PayPal balance while making purchase at a retail shop or accessing your PayPal balance funds at a MoneyPass ATM.

If you want to transfer your PayPal balance to your bank account, click "transfer money" button under the PayPal balance and click "Transfer to my bank account" and select your bank account. Not the PayPal debit card.

If you linked a debit card associated with your bank account, only then can you transfer funds to that bank's debit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlerory 

Not possible to transfer money from your PayPal account to the PayPal debit card to move it to your linked bank account.

The PayPal debit card is only for drawing funds from your PayPal balance while making purchase at a retail shop or accessing your PayPal balance funds at a MoneyPass ATM.

If you want to transfer your PayPal balance to your bank account, click "transfer money" button under the PayPal balance and click "Transfer to my bank account" and select your bank account. Not the PayPal debit card.

If you linked a debit card associated with your bank account, only then can you transfer funds to that bank's debit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dlerory
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that clarification. Can I move my available credit in my PayPal Credit account to my bank account?  I don't have a transfer to my account button on link on my summary page.

Login to Me Too

Tanzhumyumyunov
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,I have similar issue, I received money in PayPal balance, not for a first time.They not under Pending, I did try more than 20 time to withdraw to bank account ,always gave me same issue “there is problem try later”. LIKE AS SAID 1/not my first time 2/money not Pending 3/tryed with 3 different accounts ,visa,master,etc...?!?!?ALL CONFIRMED ANYONE CAN you ADVISE?Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi all,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the Community Forum!

@sharpiemarker - thank you for your response! We appreciate your contribution :). 

@dlerory - Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your PayPal Credit balance to your bank account. 

@Tanzhumyumyunov - there may be multiple reasons why you cannot withdraw your money to your bank. For example, your funding source may not be active and in that case, please reach out to the issuer of the funding source that you chose. Otherwise, it may be that your account has been limited and in that case, simply complete the steps in your Resolution Centre to resolve the issue. Also, it may be that our system is preventing you from withdrawing for security reasons. In this case, we would not be able to manually change the security settings, but you can try clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours without accessing your account to let the system reset. This may help you solve the issue! 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.