I can't link my Chase Bank account

Jctorres0922
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I'm a resident of the United States. Always have been. 

I recently opened a Chase Bank account and when I try to link it with Paypal it says that it is unable to process my request request and to please try again later. It's been saying the same thing for days. 

My bank account is in good standing and has a positive balance.

I'm not sure what the issue is. When I try to call paypal customer service it uses the automated system to add my bank account, however, it too fails and attempts to transfer me to a live agent. When the call is supposed to transfer just just disconnects and plays the "busy" dial tone and the calls fails everytime.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Cristina

Hi Jctorres0922,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue and your negative experience. Please, find more information here. If the problem persists, please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

svartalf

If only I could give NEGATIVE kudos <removed> to the PayPal rep right now.  

Reality is that you've got something seriously wrong going on or something seriously broken there.

NOT owning up to either is Fraud on your company's part at this point.

Login to Me Too

DizzyGoodman
New Community Member

My instant link goes through successfully.  I answer all of the questions with no problem, however, when I return to the bank account screen the bank account doesn't show up.   What gives???

Login to Me Too

Muhlyssa
Contributor
Contributor

It's absolutely absurd that Chase, a largest bank in the US with $3.03 trillion in assets is not an option to transfer money with PayPal. There's got to be a reason they don't want to play with PayPal. It must be because they have competitive products that they want to force their customers to use.

Login to Me Too

Loyaltypetco
New Community Member
There is a reason...I just found out about it as I'm having the same issue. The reason is Chase decided to roll out a PayPal competitor called Chase Pay. That's the only reason I can think of....that said paypal has a new feature of send money to a debit card or store. Costs money of course...sucks
Login to Me Too

Muhlyssa
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, that's what I assumed. They want to force us to use Chase Pay with Zelle.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.