I can't link my Bank Account

Yumihara
New Community Member

"Sorry we are not able to process your request. Please Try again later" That is the message I keep getting when attempting to link my account here on paypal.

I have tried multiple times on different days for the past week, in case it was a site issue, to no avail. I have checked my information and all of it is correct. What else could be wrong?

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

AlphaKaze
Contributor
Contributor

I had been having this issue for months on my PayPal Singapore account, and had tried contacting PayPal via phone, email and even Twitter. I had given up until I saw greenlander's comment above about calling them.

I decided to try calling again, and was lucky enough to get a competent service rep, unlike my first time calling. He simply asked me to confirm the card number of the only card on my PayPal account, and after he verified the number, I was immediately able to add my US bank account! I can finally transfer my money out without paying PayPal's ridiculous fees!!

Login to Me Too

grajewski
Contributor
Contributor

Calling customer support fixed it for me as well. I tried the recommended solution and it didn't help at all. I was told that my bank account was in an "unconfirmed" state and it just needed the customer service rep to change the status. After refreshing my browser view, my account *finally* appeared and I was able to perform the transfer. So my 1-week headache trying to resolve on my own was fixed in a matter of minutes. Definitely worth calling it in.

Login to Me Too

replures
Contributor
Contributor

what number did you call?

Login to Me Too

chloeab123
New Community Member

I was having this issue for DAYS and I figured out how to fix it!!!

You call the toll free number and they will ask you to verify your account and then tell the voice you are trying to link a bank account. It will ask for your routing and account number and then it will add it for you automatically and when you hit refresh it will be there. The bank account can't be confirmed instantly so they will deposit two small amounts and withdraw then from your bank account in 1-3 business days and then you have to go back in and tell them the amounts that were deposited.

Login to Me Too

Benary-sareo
Contributor
Contributor
Is PayPal really helping regarding this matter? Why are they silent???!!!! I'm facing the same problem here. I email them but was told me to call the customer support. Find!!!! I Tried calling them everyday but they are having a large customer calling and so I can't get to them until now. My humble Suggestion for you PayPal:- instead of just waiting you costumers to give you a call why don't you give us the option to solve the problem by ourselves? N.B. it's really annoying that we can't even get to link our own bank account in our own PayPal account. Waiting for customer service reply to my comment here.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Benary-sareo,

Welcome to our Community!

It is normally possible to add a bank account to an account, as part of our self-service options. If you are having a problem adding your bank please review the following possible reasons here.  Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on accounts or provide specific information through contacts on this community platform for data protection reasons.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Temp20220921L
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! I've tried several times. I have done all your suggestions like clear all browsing data, cookies, caches, etc., and still nothing. Please help me.
Login to Me Too

BreakbeatSavant
Contributor
Contributor

What finally worked for me was using the paypal phone app instead of using the desktop browser to link accounts.

For whatever reason when trying to do it through the desktop browser it wouldn't accept the account number. It kept telling me to check the account number.

Login to Me Too

lovedislovepp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. How many years have people had this problem now?

Login to Me Too

guiditomdp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I come to be one more in the group of people having this issue. Nice to meet you all ............  It is very disappointing, exhausting and UNFAIR you PAYPAL having us, your clients, without any response. COVID is not a reason for not taking calls AT ALL. it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in contact with you. I AM QUITE SURE MY PROBLEM MUST BE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM and won't solve it by its own. I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO CONTACT ME!!!!!!!! PLEASE

thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.