I can't link my Bank Account

Yumihara
New Community Member

"Sorry we are not able to process your request. Please Try again later" That is the message I keep getting when attempting to link my account here on paypal.

I have tried multiple times on different days for the past week, in case it was a site issue, to no avail. I have checked my information and all of it is correct. What else could be wrong?

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

Tommel70
New Community Member

I had this exact problem after reviving my dormant payPal account, removing my defunct bank account and trying to add my new, active US bank account using the "other bank" option since my bank is not in the list for automated activation. Apparently trying to remove your primary account and then add a bank account immediately thereafter triggers some alarms and this caused some sort of security block on my PayPal account.

In MY case I was able to reach payPal support by phone within 5 minutes (after first dealing with the useless and infuriating automated system...) and get the issue fixed promptly by answering some additional security questions to conform my identity - I thus can't really complain about the phone support! Hope this helps someone else!

Login to Me Too

SGM12
Contributor
Contributor

This started happening to me too. I have 3 Estonian banks, and I added them without any issues. Now I had a name change, and one bank account had to be removed. Now I sorted this out as well, and I can't add the same bank back.

I linked this particular bank to my PP two years ago without any issues. But I changed my surname 6 months ago, I also changed it with this bank, and the bank was still linked while I still had my old name on PP. Now I got my name updated on PP so they both match, but now I cannot re-link the same bank again.

I'm not even going to try the support system. There's always a useless automatic response and no humans taking the support case not even after a month.

Login to Me Too

replures
Contributor
Contributor

Not solved what so ever!

I have not yet been able to link my bank to pay pal, and it is going on a few months now.

PayPal is NO help and only shuffles the problem around giving excuses.

Login to Me Too

Mst-sep
Contributor
Contributor
It drive me crazy and makes me very angry. I tried to link my bank more than 25times. It's a terrible paypal systems.
Login to Me Too

fornickels
Contributor
Contributor

Why are you saying this problem is solved? It is not. I tried your 'solution' on a different computer, on a different browser and still not working. Getting the same message. My account was linked before but I had a check stolen and they had to create a new checking account. And now Paypal just keeps giving me this error. If you can't solve this issue I'll be closing my account and using Venmo as this is very frustrating and no one on the Paypal team seems to know how to fix it, or care. There are tons of people posting this and you've done nothing! I do not have the time to sit on the phone for hours troubleshooting with someone at Paypal. It's a known issue, you should be proactively fixing it.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220921K
Contributor
Contributor

Have just sent a message ask them about this. They didn't even read my message, they just send an FAQs link and said it would help me faster than they do. F*ck off paypal!!! And this topic wasn't solved at all. 

Login to Me Too

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Contributor
Contributor

This topic was started over 5, yes 5, years ago and it's still not resolved! All I want to do is link a bank account to withdraw the hundreds of dollars of mine that PapPal is holding onto. Have tried different browsers, bank accounts and both mobile app and website without success. I just get he bloody "We can't process your request right now. Please try again later." error. 

Login to Me Too

greenlander
New Community Member

Found this thread while looking for a solution to the problem and there really isn't one here, so I'll tell everyone how I finally solved this for my account. I called PayPal and spoke to one of their overseas call center reps. I gave him all the account details and like me, he was unable to add the account. He kept insisting it was linked to another account or whatever which I knew it wasn't. I asked him why a legitimate US bank account couldn't be added and he said he didn't know. I said I needed to speak to his supervisor. He told me that there was no point and I insisted. He said that they wouldn't have any additional abilities to add the account and I still insisted. He said, 'ok, if you don't mind the wait'.

The supervisor was able to ad my account in a few minutes! No problem. I asked why the pervious person wasn't able to do it and she said she didn't know. So call in and if the first person that answers can't do it, escalate it. It'll take 40 minute of your life but if it goes like it did for me, they'll get it done eventually. 

Login to Me Too

jacksbr
Contributor
Contributor

Folks, I have the answer. PayPal makes it impossible to link bank account at every point they can (sort of like health insurance denies every claim they can get away with). Why??? Well, have you noticed that there's NEVER a problem linking your debit card to the same account? Of course not! Why? Because they take a fee every time you transfer to your debit card. BUT when you transfer to your bank account they get NOTHING. So why wouldn't they introduce glitches when you try to add a bank account. Because you'll finally get frustrated and want your money and just transfer to your debit card and they get their fees. 

Mystery solved. They won't fix it until it blows up in their face and they look stupid. 

Login to Me Too

PamT123
I think it's a total scam. I'm having the same issue and have been unable to link my checking account in order to take advantage of free transfers. I'm done with PayPal. I'll use Zelle or Venmo instead. Not worth the hassle.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.