I can't link my Bank Account

Yumihara
New Community Member

"Sorry we are not able to process your request. Please Try again later" That is the message I keep getting when attempting to link my account here on paypal.

I have tried multiple times on different days for the past week, in case it was a site issue, to no avail. I have checked my information and all of it is correct. What else could be wrong?

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

Ciprian07

I had the same situation and I'am from Netherland !

Login to Me Too

temp20180711

Not working for me either, and it's been one frustration after another with PayPal since I first signed up years ago. The hell with this, I'm deleting my account. I'll never try to use this worthless service again. 

Login to Me Too

KizarLeng1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem I need help
Login to Me Too

replures
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW, AND PAYPAL WILL NOT HELP, THEY JUST KEEP SAYING ITS AN AUTOMATED SECURITY SYSTEM AND THEY CANT OVERWRITE IT. I TRIED TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT BUT SAME PROBLEM. CANT CLOSE MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I HAVE MONEY IN IT, CANT GET IT OUT BECAUSE CANT LINK A BANK, SEEMS TO ME IT IS A WELL DESIGNED SCAM BY PAYPAL PERSONAL.

tHEY SHOULD DIG INTO THE SITUATION INSTEAD OF IGNORING A GROWING SECURITY PROBLEM. MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD BOYCOTT PAYPAL AND STOP USING THE SERVICE. 

Login to Me Too

Leenyyy
New Community Member

Me too. I am unsure on what to do

Login to Me Too

betteryeti
New Community Member

I have been trying, for ten days, to link a Chase bank account to my PayPal account. I have been a PayPal customer for at least a decade. Every time I try to do so, the PayPal web site accepts my phone validation code, then bounces me back to the validate page, with no prior knowledge of my previous validation attempt. I have lost literally days to this.

- Long phone wait times (>90 minutes), or messages to the effect of, “no current resources, try again later”.

- Help desk employees who claim they will help me, then ghost me and leave behind no trouble tickets

- Chat employees who can’t help, can’t suggest any way to escalate, and refer me back to the phone support queue.

- Automated email consultations that do not address my problem in any way.

I find it hard to believe that PayPal is treating me with such cavalier disregard. I also find it amazing that PayPal is so inept at customer support.

Login to Me Too

Malkere
  • The bank account must be a U.S. bank.
  • The bank account can’t be linked to more than one account at a time.
  • The bank account can't be linked if it has already been linked to 3 previous PayPal accounts.
  • The name on the bank account must match the name on the PayPal account.

I was trying to add it to a second account. Looks like that's not allowed.

Login to Me Too

CRDIII
New Community Member

Seems like since transferring money with a linked account is free, PayPal is in no rush to provide a solution to the literal 1,000+ users with the same issue. However, you can easily link a card and be charged unexplained fees. It's no wonder why this is ongoing, PayPal is advertised as being convenient, but in the end just another business charging for service any way they can with the illusion of a free option.

Login to Me Too

Nikki0417
Contributor
Contributor

This post was made in 2014 and there's still no solution???? I've been trying to add my MOVO card to my account for almost a week now, and it's giving me the same message regardless of the browser I use. I was planning to use the card to pay for gas and prescriptions. This issue is really **bleep** me over.

Login to Me Too

kazaakazaa
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to link my MOVO to paypal for two weeks but keeping getting the same error. Called PP customer service and was told that that MOVO account has been linked to another PP account. So? Any ideas? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.