I can't link my Bank Account

Yumihara
New Community Member

"Sorry we are not able to process your request. Please Try again later" That is the message I keep getting when attempting to link my account here on paypal.

I have tried multiple times on different days for the past week, in case it was a site issue, to no avail. I have checked my information and all of it is correct. What else could be wrong?

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

jaehong
New Community Member

Did you include your branch code in the account number? Try not to include the branch code!

Login to Me Too

andbar
New Community Member

Hi guys,

I've had the same issue - not receiving the two amounts in the bank account and receiving that error when trying to transfer money.

I have called Paypal support and I obtained the solution in less than a minute. The bank account is already linked if you've linked a debit/credit card. 

If you install the paypal app, you'll see that you'll be able to withdraw money to your bank account or debit card without any issues. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220921H
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue- however here is why my problem still stands....

So I had signed on one day about 6 months ago to make a payment and my bank accountt hat had been linked to Paypal for at least 6 years was totally missing from Paypal.

I did not delete it. I attempted to add it back and it kept saying that there was an error to try again later.I deleted my cookies, and whent hat did not work I tried another browser and that did not fix anything.

After about 30 mintes of searching out the others online who had this issue and tryng to find solutions, I called Paypal customer service (ie I went to the escalation link and got that 1 hour only code)

When I called, the personin customer service told me that my bank was "no good" not my account, not a funding issue, it was actually my bank. I use a very small bank- which has about 6 branches in PA only. He asked if I have another bank account at another bank or if I have a debit or credit card i can use. I do not have a debit card and do most of my daily transaction in cash as this is what works for me. I have also been in the process of payng off all my credit card debt - so the last thing i wanted to do was to pay that way. When I relayed this to the representative, he had no answers. When I aked why the bank was "no good" he said he didn't knw but that the account was linked to another paypal account 

I know this as I do have 2 paypal accounts, Paypal Smart Connect (regular old fashioned paypal) and Paypal Credit - formerly Bill me Later.  I paid these like all my other bills - linking my checking account to the online sites to pay eevry month.  also the other Paypal account had ALSO deleted my bank account. So, no other Paypal account is associated with my account at this time. Why all of a sudden is this an issue for Paypal?

I just re-awaened my annoyance today as I saw that Synchrony is now handling Paypal billing, and I figured that maybe the issue would have been fixed (by the way I currently  have 2 credit cards with Synchrony and have never had an issue with this)

But no, no solutuons other thanlterally going out and opening a new bank account at a different bank JUST for Paypal.

I am so upset with Paypal I am willing to give up the "priviledge" of using them for online shopping altogether.

Login to Me Too

JovenPeepool
Contributor
Contributor

In my pc when I want to retrieve my money I'm made to choose between two different ways to claim,either bank accounts or debit and credit cards. When I downloaded the paypal app to my mobilephone,I'm only given one option which is to use "Bank Accounts", I have no choice but to click this one since I badly need to money. My question is, will this not result in another error again? I'm confused because in my pc which I'm made to choose between two type of transactions, when my "Bank Account" is the same account as my "Debit and Credit Cards".

Login to Me Too

Wendyhunde
New Community Member

What you have to do is just to change the paypal account to business, 

Login to Me Too

jmichalski
New Community Member

please help me! i created my paypal last week and last night i received 4 deposits on my account. so i went to confirm my bank account using the 2 latest deposits but it says it was wrong and deleted my bank account. I tried to link it again for the whole night and it keep saying that "we are having difficulties processing my request please try again later" i've tried the whole night and still no luck. i have money pending on my paypal and obviously cant use or transfer it. is there any way i can link my bank account? also is it possible for my buyer to cancel the payment and just send it to me through bank transfer? Im frustrated because its my first time to using paypal (i usually used bank transfers) but since i sold an item on ebay it needed a paypal account aside from bank details.

please help help!

thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@jmichalski

Why 4 deposits for confirmation?

You then used the wrong numbers.  It's likely PayPal blocked the use of that account for security reasons.  If so, you need to phone PayPal customer service for help and a reset.

Login to Me Too

RGRAj
New Community Member
That same problem I'm facing when I'm add my bank account why the issue getting Everytime
Login to Me Too

colins573
New Community Member

I had the same problem, but found a solution.

The check in my bank account I was looking at was a 6. Literally a 6. I looked at a different check and found it showed an 8. Then paypal was able to verify it obviously. Try that!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I will give you a tip from a Yahoo staff,

The bank clearance system ACH is old and antiquated,using phone lines and not that efficient.

The credit card/debit card network of MC/V is modern and use copper cables ,it is faster and more efficient.

If you have a merchant account to accept credit cards,link your bank card instead of bank account to receive fund,it is faster !

But there is a fee involved.

Paypal uses ACH ,there are 4 levels of moving/transferring fund and the level Paypal uses is the lowest and free but slowest.

Paypal would not use MC/V network in USA because it would have to pay,but it uses VISA Europe network in Eastern European countries because there is no other options,but it has to pay VISA for the privilege,

So for Eastern European Paypal members,they have to use a bank VISA card,but for us in USA,we haev to use a bank account.

It is all about money,given the volume among US members,paying MC/VISA network would be too much to bear ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.