I can't link a new card to my account. - USA

avicario
New Community Member

I currently have one debit card linked to my account (USA). I would like to add an additional card (debit- Mastercard) to my account. I have confirmed that all my personal information is up to date - SSN, address, phone number, everything. When I go through the steps to link a new card, I type in my card information and I am given an error message that states "Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method."

I have covered every issue on my end that I could to resolve this issue with no success. I need customer support on Paypal's end. I have attempted to do this at least 10 times total now on different days so it is not user input error. I have attempted this on both Firefox and Chrome on both my desktop computer and my phone. I have cleared my cookies and my cache and retried input. I have called my credit card company to see if there are any issues on their end. They are receiving no error codes. I have even used the sorry excuse of a "help chat" that paypal thinks is customer support. I called customer service and the automated call said that they are not providing support for issues like mine at the moment. I have gone through every possible step on my end to try and deal with this issue and at this point it has to be something on Paypal's end and I cannot even access customer support on something so common as issues putting in a new credit card. I need support for this issue. I have done everything I can possibly do on my end. What can Paypal do to support my issue with their platform to fix this INCREDIBLY COMMON issue.

Please do not waste my time any further and tell me to do any of the things I have listed above. I'm so beyond disappointed in Paypal's abysmal customer service options. Do something about my issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

N_Karpenko
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Have you found a solution? Could you please share it with me? I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.