How to withdraw from paypal balance

DD231
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i am having a problem with withdrawing from my account because i do not own a US Bank account and its needed to withdraw funds from my Paypal balance and also i am from  Jamaica and only have your visa card linked to Paypal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DD231

If you don't have a U.S bank account then your only option to withdraw funds is to request a cheque in your country.....

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DD231

If you don't have a U.S bank account then your only option to withdraw funds is to request a cheque in your country.....

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

abajan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Fellow West Indian.

We win de cricket series! Smiley LOL

I live in Barbados (was born and have lived here all my life - in other words, I'm a born and bred Bajan) and the Visa debit card linked to my PayPal account was issued to me via my bank right here in Barbados: FirstCaribbean International. Since receiving my card in 2013 and linking it to my PayPal account (and renewing it a couple times), for the most part I haven't experienced any problems either manually withdrawing funds from PayPal or receiving them automatically on the first day of the month. (I say "for the most part" because recently there have been a couple issues, but PayPal's Customer Support have helped me resolve them.)

In the early days there would occasionally be a 30-day hold (or was it 21 days? I don't presently recall) but I still got the money. The hold seemed to be totally random, because I remember being paid quite a substantial amount one particular month, from a business with whom I used to work online on a contractual basis, as part of their tech support team. I was sure PayPal would put a hold on it - as I assumed they would deem it to be suspicious, but they didn't. Yet a subsequent payment that was much smaller got held! It didn't make any sense to me that they would quickly release the larger amount but hold the smaller one. So I called PayPal about it. (Back then, they had a toll-free number, but apparently that's changed.) Anyway, from my recollection, the call helped to expedite the transfer to my card. I used to send the business an invoice via PayPal, detailing my per-hour charge, the number of hours worked, and the total. My "boss" would then pay me via that invoice, and PayPal would notify me by email whenever he did so.

Lately, I've been working with another entity online that also pays me via PayPal. But there's no invoicing involved. Whatever money has accrued in my account there, is automatically transferred to my PayPal account on the 15th and 31st days of the month. And, as stated earlier, I either manually withdraw it to my card (when it's in the middle of the month), or it's auto-withdrawn to the said card (on the first day of the next month). Either way, it normally appears in my bank account after about three (3) days.

I should state that my PayPal account type is verified Personal one, and it always has been.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abajan

Paypal varies country to country, what you can do in your country is not the same as the original poster can do in Jamaica.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DD231
Contributor
Contributor

i Think i will consider using the FCIB because at the moment i am using the Nova Scotia.

I need to know the type of FCIB account that you are using, is it US or regular?

And is your bank account directly linked to you Paypal, or is it only your visa card because if you notice to withdraw from your Paypal balance you need to link your bank account to withdraw or you can use as "check" as they say 🙂

Login to Me Too

abajan
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, from the info at the link kernowlass shared, in Jamaica it's not currently possible to withdraw funds from PayPal to a credit/debit card. So, switching to FCIB wouldn't help to resolve your situation. (At the link, you'll notice that the info shown when Jamaica is selected in the dropdown is different from what's displayed when Barbados is selected.)

But as to your questions, it's just a regular local chequing (checking) account, and it's not linked to PayPal at all. The card is linked to both my PayPal account and my bank account. Besides PayPal, I only use that card for online shopping. It can be used in stores here (in Barbados) to pay for purchases, but that wouldn't make economical sense because there's something like a $5.00 USD charge for using it like that (I don't recall the exact amount). But it can also be used when I'm traveling abroad. Because it's linked to my bank account, if I choose to pay for an item online via PayPal and there are not enough funds in my PayPal account to cover the cost of the purchase, PayPal will automatically withdraw the remainder from my bank account, via the card (provided my bank account has sufficient funds).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abajan

@DD231

Why has this thread gone on and on discussing cards etc. I have already said the only option available in Jamaica is........

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

abajan
Contributor
Contributor

@Kernowlass369

So three or so extra posts after your initial reply qualifies as a thread that has gone "on and on"?! Wow.

While composing my first reply to @DD231, you'd already posted yours. While I agree that their subsequent reply was unnecessary (since they'd already accepted your answer as the solution), I figured it was just a slight misunderstanding. It didn't seem like it was a big deal. My reply to that reply was mainly to reiterate what you'd stated (in a non-confrontational manner), and I also thought it wouldn't hurt to add the extra paragraph, not only for their benefit, but for others who may stumble on the thread.

Replies will naturally diminish with time, and the thread will eventually be archived. This is a community forum. Don't spoil the kudo I gave you. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abajan

You gave incorrect information, it was only correct for your country and not the original posters which I had already said.

I merely pointed out that posting after I posted my information with your wrong information didn't help.

If you have a problem with that then thats unfortunate for you.

As you have already pointed out this is a community forum BUT i tend to like folks getting the correct info where possible.

Feel free to remove your kudos, I only post that comment to encourage others to leave it for each other, as I have over 20.000 kudos / solutions then I don't really need anymore  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

abajan
Contributor
Contributor

No, I don't have a problem with that. I was already aware I provided wrong info (my kudo was for the correction). If you re-read my last comment, you'll understand why I posted after you gave the solution.

Congrats on your 20,000 kudos.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.