How to transfer funds from a prepaid American Express gift card to my bank account?

lg75
New Community Member

Both the amex gift card and the bank account are already linked to my account.  How can I transfer from one to the other (amex gift card to bank accnt, in that order).  I thought that if I add the funds from the amex gift card to the paypal wallet, then transfer from the paypal wallet to my bank account but I don't see how I can do this.  If this is possible, I can't figure it out....Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lg75 

Not possible. In fact, it is against PayPal User agreement to do this, if they haven't already blocked such things from happening. Funds cannot be extracted from cards. If you want to use the card, select the card at checkout and make sure the amount on card covers the entire purchase or it will decline. You can find out your card balances by calling the number on back of card or register the card at the card website to check.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.