How to get a Routing number in Kenya for my bank account.

ChrisMuuo
New Community Member

I happened to have opened a second paypal account and as this is against Paypal's user agreement my cash was held for about six months. I received an email after the time lapsed but the only option I have is to withdraw via my bank account. I tried linking my bank accounts but none of the banks here in Kenya provide the 9 digits routing number. Just needed to know how to go about getting my money back and the right person to contact for help.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisMuuo 

The options to withdraw funds in Kenya is by using the services of M-PESA or Equity Bank to transfer funds out of a PayPal account. If unable to get those to work, customer service assistance would be needed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

S93m
Contributor
Contributor
Mpesa or equity how
Login to Me Too

Shebe30
Contributor
Contributor
How can I get a routing number for my bank account in Kenya
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shebe30 

To withdraw funds you need to use the services of M-PESA or Equity Bank to transfer out of a Kenyan PayPal account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kîrich
Contributor
Contributor

Equity bank has a routing number. I was able to link my paypal account with the Equity account. You will see their number at https://www.equitybank.com >tools. The routing number is [Removed]

Login to Me Too

Kîrich
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies. I was wrong about this Equity Bank. It is different from the Kenyan one so you are better off using Mpesa as the withdraw mode only

Login to Me Too

ZazaS
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Chris, did you finally get an answer or a way out? I'm having this problem as well.
Login to Me Too

ZazaS
Contributor
Contributor
Or does anyone have a way around this?
Login to Me Too

PriscahKudha
I have this problem as well. I'm just gonna use Mpesa
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.