How to connect a TransferWise bank account with PayPal?

Celda
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a Canadian, and I made a US bank account using TransferWise (<removed>). The reason is because I want to withdraw the US dollars I receive via Paypal, into my Transferwise USD account.

The problem is, PayPal uses micro-deposits to confirm the bank acccount. Transferwise told me that their account doesn't receive the micro-deposits, but that they could still provide proof of ownership, i.e. that I control the account.

is there any way for me to confirm the account other than via micro-deposits?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

dpfls

I see. I'll try again then, thanks anyway!

Login to Me Too

Kross1
New Community Member

Hi Guys,

I am struggling to link my TW US account to Paypal and I am receiving the same error message most of you are also receiving.

Could someone who has done it and completed a successful transfer into their TW advise what they did to make it happen?

Login to Me Too

leatherking
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried again to connect my TW account and I only get a message saying something like "we can not deal with your request at the moment , try later". I tried later but got the same message. I assume PP does not want to work with TW 

Login to Me Too

TheGrave
Contributor
Contributor

Please let us know if you sort this out, plenty of us struggling with these PayPal issues.

Login to Me Too

Abosale7timo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

can you please explain to me how to do that.

Login to Me Too

AlexLehtinen
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue and the same error message, "Sorry, we can not process your request. Please try again later."

I am using a South African PayPal account. I have now started to follow up both companies and will reply here if I manage to sort it out.

I also found this article which was quite useful: https://jeangalea.com/linking-virtual-bank-accounts-to-paypal-revolut-transferwise-etc/

Login to Me Too

DarkoSz

Still not able to link TW to Paypal. 😞

Login to Me Too

AlexLehtinen
Contributor
Contributor
Got it sorted! The issue was trying to add a bank account while abroad. A quick call to PayPal sorted the problem - just had to confirm my identity to one of their operators. The payment values reflected in my TransferWise balance and it was smooth sailing from there.
Login to Me Too

johnny2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've just successfully linked my PayPal account to Transferwise (June 2019). The two sample deposits to verify they account came in from PayPal in about 3 days. You need to verify each deposit to Transferwise with a code sent by text message. 

I've completed a test transaction and everything worked fine. Sending my US dollars to Transferwise first saved me 3.6175% off of PayPal's currency exchange rate. That is a very substantial fee PayPal charges. 

Basically, it works for Canadians. 

Login to Me Too

ModernStores
New Community Member

I've been through this process and now understand what the real problem is.  

When you set up your Transferwise account - and PayPal sends micro deposits - you then confirm.   If you send money to that account right away, it will work. 

However what happens a few days after you confirm the account, PayPal tries to retrieve their micro deposits back.  Transferwise does not allow for drafting from an account - only deposits.   So when paypal makes the attempt to get their 20 cents back, Transferwise rejects it and Paypal assumes the "account is closed"   -  They then remove the account  from your dashboard and you cannot add it again unless you call them and they add it manually... at which point the cycle starts again... because you have to verify with micro deposits.

I've heard Transferwise is starting a rollout of upgrading accounts to allow debits.   Our account(s) are not there yet, so I am not sure if it will ultimately work.

- P.J. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.