How to check Pay Pal Balance

Valk97
Contributor
Contributor

How does one check the balance of dollars in their PayPal account?   

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Valk97 

Could only check the balance of what's in your PayPal account cash balance by simply logging on to your PayPal account, but not the balances of what's your linked bank accounts or cards. Have to go over to your bank site and credit card's site to do that.

Linked bank accounts and cards to PayPal only gives you the ability to pay with them when making payments or buying online.

Once you log on, you're directed to the Summary page and there you can see your PayPal balance on the left corner. Can't miss it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Valk97 

Could only check the balance of what's in your PayPal account cash balance by simply logging on to your PayPal account, but not the balances of what's your linked bank accounts or cards. Have to go over to your bank site and credit card's site to do that.

Linked bank accounts and cards to PayPal only gives you the ability to pay with them when making payments or buying online.

Once you log on, you're directed to the Summary page and there you can see your PayPal balance on the left corner. Can't miss it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Valk97
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Valk97 

Thank you very much for the reply.  1. Yes, just trying to check the balance of what is in our PayPal account.   2.  On summary page we see recent activity on the upper left side of page but do not see a balance anywhere.    So yep, we did miss it.. or can't find it..   😉 

Login to Me Too

Valk97
Contributor
Contributor

@Valk97 wrote:

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Valk97 

Thank you very much for the reply.  1. Yes, just trying to check the balance of what is in our PayPal account.   2.  On summary page we see recent activity on the upper left side of page but do not see a balance anywhere.    So yep, we did miss it.. or can't find it..   😉 

update: I looked at several You Tube videos on the subject. We do not get the same summary screen as the videos.
Our Summary screen lists recent activity on the left along with some transaction options on the right.
There is no balance listed anywhere. Signed in using both IE and Chrome on PC. Signed in using an Android app. Signed in on Android Tablet. Same result.. no balance listed anywhere. Also checked info under other tabs.

We have had this account for years, and don't have issues with transactions, but don't use it all that often. Just recently received some $$$ and transferred $$$ to checking account. (somehow had that option) But again, no balance listed anywhere and our summary screen is not the same as those on You Tube.
Perplexed for sure...!!

Login to Me Too

gertrudious
Contributor
Contributor

But again, no balance listed anywhere and our summary screen is not the same as those on You Tube.
Perplexed for sure...!!

i've had so many issues with paypal. this inability to see ones own balance feels like a sly ploy by paypal to "encourage" you to leave your funds in their pockets. its super **bleep** dubbious feeling. anyone else have ideas how to fix this?

and/or recommendations of YOUR favorite paypal alternatives? i might forever and ever leave paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gertrudious,

I'm sorry to hear that you do not see the balance in your PayPal account. The Summary page may appear differently depending on the way the account is used typically. Are you seeing a balance of 0 or no entry for the balance at all?

Can you take a screenshot of your summary page and post it here? (Please make sure that any personal information such as names or financial account numbers are edited out of the screenshot, since any images with personal information will not be approved by the moderation team.)

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SGI-Deb
New Community Member

I have same problem NO BALANCE listed.  And had same thought... Paypal would appreciate us leaving funds in the accounts... never inform us we have a balance.  Makes me mad too!!!

Login to Me Too

msparky1641
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem too, what is going on? Tried Chrome and IE. 

Login to Me Too

greentimber

Same. There is no balance anywhere. I've just spent 35 minutes going around in circles trying to find it.

Login to Me Too

JayMartin
New Community Member

If you cannot see you PayPal balance under summary when you log in You Are NOT going Crazy!!! This is a real PayPal BUG!!!

I've seen this questions answered on this site and others -- and to most of you, you CAN see the balance. However, I've just spend an hour on this problem and got off the phone with PayPal support and this is a VALID problem for some PayPal Web and Mobile App users.

I now have to call into the 888 number with a valid 7 digit code to check my balance until this is fixed.

This is a real issue and has really NOT been answered on this site. If you are having this issue, please vote this up so I can get enough CREDS to go to the other "similar" questions on this site and let everyone know. You Are NOT going Crazy!!! This is a real PayPal BUG!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.