How to change Currency conversion option

Jithin_George
New Community Member

Recent changes to Paypal checkout process have removed the option I used to get to select Who converts currency. I prefer my Bank convert currency but the option is removed altogether and paypal charges my card in my local currency.

I see that the option to select who converts doesnt appear at all now during payment. I want to know if there is a settings I could change or some other way to by default let my bank convert currency for me.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Shrizt
Contributor
Contributor

you **bleep** thieves! almost any card may be used in any currency, but option suddenly disappeared!

you just stealing your pity 4% from all of us

burn in hell!

Login to Me Too

Goran100
Contributor
Contributor

You are saying it all wrong.
I am from Croatia and we have HRK currency. I have made a card with EURO only on account in my bank.
You have changed the payment from HRK to Euro couple of years and my card was charged in euros always.
Can you set my croatian card which is in euro to euro only payment,please.
NO CONVERSION RATE.

Login to Me Too

Goran100
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong!
Long time user here.
I was able to change currency on each card I had .Paypal was charging all my cards in HRK becouse I am from croatia.
But my cards were not HRK currency,but EURO and USD. 
Than I asked for a change and used USD cards for usd payment.
Used euro card for euro payment. No conversion was made than.
What you explained to them is wrong.
PAypal paid me and returned the money besouce of those actions.
Today you are convincing everybody that they need to pay 5% conversion rate to be able to use Paypal.
To me that is sending message to get out of PAYPAL.
Since you are customer service agent.
Can you explain how to get in touch with LIVE agent and get my problem solved.

Login to Me Too

freddylimsg

I am having the same problem. I was a member since 2007 but will stop using paypal from now on. Completely lost trust in you.

BYE payapl. 

Login to Me Too

Saynotopp
Contributor
Contributor
STOP STEALING
Login to Me Too

KVdW
Contributor
Contributor

your process and wording is very confusing - you seem to trick into getting money made on the conversion - wheni pay i want the option to never have a conversion of currency. I'm considering dropping paypal completely.

Login to Me Too

Sompom
New Community Member
This no longer seems to be true. This morning I tried to send to an account which accepts money in a different currency. I selected to pay in the foreign currency. When I got to the final screen, I was showed the final price in my local currency, with PayPal's scam currency conversion rate. My card has no foreign transaction fee and I was able to do this in the past.
Login to Me Too

conversionishig
New Community Member

had the same problem. i always use my discover card in canada, but i cant use it on paypal because paypal is forcing me to take the converted price instead of direct billing in CAD.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.