How long will my refund take to clear?

Jnugent
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on eBay and paid for it then the seller advised me it was faulty so they have refunded me. This shows in .y PayPal history but not in my balance or in my bank account. How long does it take to clear?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Does the refund show as completed or on temp hold??

How did you fund your paypal payment with a bank account or debit card?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jnugent
Contributor
Contributor
It says completed and I have my debit card account details on PayPal which I use to pay for the ebay item
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jnugent
Contributor
Contributor
That's great thank you! 🙂
Login to Me Too

pangilai
Contributor
Contributor

I payed my purchase with my credit card linked to my paypal account. How exactly does this work now? Will I just not have to pay for my next purchases until the refunded amount is gone, or will the refunded amount appear back on my creditcard and when the day comes that I have to pay my credit card bill, it will be an amount minus the refunded amount?

Login to Me Too

2158texcarstens
Contributor
Contributor

rudriver1
Finally, a clear answer
Login to Me Too

Ellycat1
Contributor
Contributor

At last a clear & concise answer to a problem I've been searching for. Thank you, kernowlass

Login to Me Too

sasha787
New Community Member
I paid on a clothing website via PayPal they refunded me for an item it will say complete on your PayPal account but it won't clear for at least 2 too 3 days it's super annoying but I've had the same problem so wanted to share!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.