How long should ‘instant transfer’ take?

Clawson1307
Contributor
Contributor
How long does instant transfer from PayPal to uk bank take? I assumed that when transferring the amount from my PayPal account to my bank account it would be instant (seeing as that’s what it said on PayPal.....) but it’s now 18 hours since I requested the transfer and it’s still not showing in my bank account and is no longer shown in me PayPal balance...... Where is it? And how much long should it take before I can access this money? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Clawson1307,

Welcome to our Community Forums! A transfer to a bank account typically completes in 1 business day, but it may take longer depending on your bank’s clearing process. If you're still running into issues with that withdrawal, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to research this a bit further.

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Call Us at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Best wishes, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Yoonapots,

I am sorry to see you have waited so long for the withdrawal. Please note the withdrawal process varies from region to region. The bank withdrawal process for eh Philipines is different. Electronic Transfers from your PayPal Account to your bank account typically take 5-7 business days to post an electronic fund transfer is not the same as a wire transfer; it is a group of payments electronically transferred to participating depository financial institutions, therefore accounting for the extra time required to verify funds.

If the withdrawal has taken longer than this period, 7 business days from today's date would be 15/01/2020, please contact our support so we can have this issue reviewed. You will find the contact details here or alternatively through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Yoonapots
Contributor
Contributor
Excuse me if that happened why you agent Mary Ann send the transferring money is already successful means the money will be appear to my bank but while checking money not there and one more thing how come that your agent said that if I gave the card number instead of account number ? How come your agent said the transferring was successfully ? Are you kidding me ? And now you asking me to wait for long ..
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Yoonapots,

Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on accounts or provide specific information through contacts on this platform data protection reasons. Therefore I am only giving general advice on the community post and it does reflect your specific issue.

Our agents can only see that the amount has successfully left our system, which would appear as completed in the activity section of your account. We do not see when it appears on your bank or the status of the transfer. 

If you entered the wrong number for the bank account, using the card number instead of the actual bank account number. we would have to wait for the amount to be returned from the bank as a failed transfer. This can take up to 10- 14 business days for this to happen.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Yoonapots
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck ! Me its been 10 days and money still not transfer .. Suck 😣
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.