How long does it take Paypal to release funds after a charge was frozen (Discover Card fraud)?

roadrashgixer
Contributor
Contributor

I made an ebay purchase, using Paypal, with my Discover Card being the source of funds.  The next day, Discover contacted us due to some fraudulent charges.  My Paypal was thrown in there and the funds were frozen. 

Eventually, I did get a new Discover Card and connected it to my Paypal account.  Well, I am still trying to get the ebay seller paid. 

Last Tuesday, I spoke with Discover Card and they released / authorized the funds to be paid on the ebay transaction. 

Today (Monday), Paypal said they are still waiting for Discover Card to notify them the funds are authorized.  I again called Discover Card.  They DID electronically authorize Paypal (not sure exactly how it works) to release the funds.  DISCOVER CARD TOLD ME THEY ARE AWARE THAT PAYPAL IS SLOW TO ACT ON THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS.

Does anyone know how long it will take Paypal to push this $18.70 through in order to get the ebay seller paid?  It has been 6 days since Discover told Paypal to get this charge paid!

THIS IS PAINFUL!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.