How do you request a paper check from PayPal??

jstndrfr
Contributor
Contributor

Use to be able to request a check and now I can't? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jstndrfr 

It could be that option is not available for personal accounts anymore??

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jstndrfr 

It could be that option is not available for personal accounts anymore??

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jstndrfr
Contributor
Contributor

I read the link you posted and didn't find anything that said no more paper checks? Strange deal....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jstndrfr 

I posted the link to show you the options for withdrawal of funds.

As i said a lot of options have been removed from personal accounts recently and i think that requesting paper cheques is one of them.

I don't know for sure it was 'advice', if you want a gold standard answer you would have to double check with customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

robb41
Contributor
Contributor

Why is this marked as "solved" when the reply is just a guess?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robb41 

Only the person that 'starts' the thread and asks the question can mark the thread as 'solved'.

If they choose to do that then that is up to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

natalia911
Contributor
Contributor

On 9/3/19 - 9/10/19 My home address was not being populated when requesting a check. After 4 full days of various forms of communication with PayPal (PP) crazymaking reps, after Waiting 40 min to 1 HOUR on the phone and then evaded directly answering my queations, through chats as well, and in addition sending emails that only robot responds without addressing my specific issues — Finally a chat rep from India confirmed my mailing address field on the request a check page and my home address was repopulated but I still was blocked from being able to complete "Get a check mailed instead" to my home as I had done many times in the past. 

Up to that point I had tried to reason with these foreign reps that did not address my issues, are unfamiliar with US laws, were limited in their thinking out of the box in order to troubleshoot the problem I was having and so I began the journey of trying to figure out WTH on my own. I checked the coding behind the "add address". There was an error in the coding behind clicking on the link which instead of supporting me in issuing a check to myself deceptively linked me to get a credit card and therefore needed bank info. In the US bank info is not necessary to get a check sent to you in the mail, which I repeated multiple times to the foreign PP reps. When I discover that the system was programmed to direct me to get a credit card I repeatedly told the foreign PP reps that I don't want a credit card, I don't want a PayPal Cash nor a Cash Plus account but the system was forcing it in that direction. I uploaded to PayPal a screenshot of the coding that was improperly linked, a screenshot of the error message that said my address needed to be confirmed, and evidence of transaction details from past checks that were sent to my home which clearly confirms my home address. 

The chat rep from India that finally helped get my address repopulated was limited to just that, couldn’t unblock me from getting a check, couldn’t put in a ticket, and suggested I call PP instead, and to first get a phone code number via the online web app to make the call. So, I did, and spoke to a representative in the US who confirmed "Getting a check instead" mailed to my home is a service still provided to Personal Accounts by PayPal -- As PayPal had already sent many checks to my home my address the rep told me that my home address had indeed already been confirmed (plus I had sent via chat and email, a current copy of my Utility bill evidencing my address is the same). The US rep agreed there is a bug. She escalated the issue by putting in a ticket on a Friday, 9/6/19, and said my check would be issued on Monday 9/9/19 and I should see a zero balance in the summary and if not Monday than today 9/10/19. 

Instead PP put the check in Pending Mode.

Seeing this in pending mode yesterday, 9/9/19, and speaking again with a crazymaking rep and supervisor last night who didn't correct the new issues. There are no "open disputes" as stated NOR closed in the Resolution Center AND I am blocked from reporting problems through the Resolution Center and the email options do not address my issues.
 — This has made me sick to the point my gut was literally in knots (and other bodily functions I will spare you the details) yesterday and I had to nearly crawl home and get into bed last night. The stress from being in communication for days with PP’s crazymaking system while I was either at home or needing to be out in the world doing chores and work is really getting to me... this is still not resolved.

Get a check insteadGet a check instead

Get aa check insteadGet aa check instead

Login to Me Too

help49

What a nightmare!!  I hope you got your money finally. 

I am trying to request a check and the site won't even let me-- ahhhggg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.