How do I remove both my bank and credit card account PLEASE HELP

Keihro
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me, I've been trying to remove my credit card & bank number from my account and it says that I cannot do it.
Please please please help me I just wanted to buy something online and I somehow managed to link my credit card into my paypal account and I was only planning on buying online once with Paypal. 

Please help me I beg of you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keihro 

Go to account settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Cancel anything active. Then try again to remove your card and bank. Know that even though you removed your financial information, PayPal will have a record of the card and bank was added in case a refund occurs or to determine whether it has been used before with your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Keihro
Contributor
Contributor
Did what you’ve instructed me, but i have nothing active nor have i sucessfully bought anything yet because it says ill have to verify my card (Brand new paypal account). Do i have to verify first then i can remove my card ? Because it says my account is limitless and the way to increase limits is to verify it.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keihro 

Do you want to keep your PayPal account or not? Because you might as well close it at this point if you don't want to link your financial information because due to current governmental regulations, all info entered into PayPal must authentic and PayPal has to verify identities of account owners and to get the best performance out of your PayPal account to make purchases, to receive money online, it is best to link and confirm a card and bank account to a) verify the PayPal account itself and b) to use your card and bank to make transactions.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keihro 

If it is not letting you close the account  because it is asking you to verify your card, go ahead and complete the verification as PayPal has probably already put a test charge on it so you can confirm it on the wallet page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.