How do I have a payment hold lifted?

peb224
Contributor
Contributor
I have a verified account that I had not used in some time. I sold an item and the payment was put on hold due to the inactivity on the account. The item has been sold, shipped, received by buyer and they have left me positive feedback on EBay. Is there any way to get this lifted? I sold the item on the 12th and payment is on hold until January 2nd
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peb224 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peb224
Contributor
Contributor
The hold was put in place by PayPal due to my account not being used in a while. This is getting to be extremely frustrated being that the transaction cannot be updated to delivered because the tracking function on the PayPal site is not working ( get an error message ) and I have tried calling for 2 weeks with no actual representative available to speak to. Horrible customer service
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.