How do I get my money that is on hold into my account ?

Dallas1414
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item on ebay , the buyer who purchased the item picked up the item a few days ago and the money that i recived through paypal is on hold, How long do I have to wait for the money to be in my account ? I really need the money at the moment and I can't really wait too much longer. Any help will be very much appreciated

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dallas1414 

You have 0 seller protection if the buyer opens an item not received dispute if you don't have tracking, thats why ebay allows you to list cash on collection and state in your listings not to pay via paypal.

Also the new seller hold holds your funds for 21 days unless you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 1 day.

You can however try marking the item as shipped in the PayPal transaction details, and that may open up the capability for your buyer to go into the transaction details on their side, and acknowledge receipt of the item. That may allow the payment to be completed more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dallas1414
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted the buyer and asked him to confirm the purchase as recieved and he left positive feedback on ebay. Lets just say it doesnt get resolved faster within 21 days , after the 21 day mark will the money go into my account or is there anything i need to do once it has passed 21 days ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dallas1414 

Nope after 21 days it should be automatically released.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dallas1414
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.